Group buy: Mustang Steve 13" cobra brakes.

• Sponsors (?)

This is a real good deal!

I drove a Vette with these brakes. Holly smokes was it sweet. Great modulation, and no fade even when pushed hard (not my car so I held back just a little).

With the right MC/Booster/Brake arm and a set of 11" discs out back, you'd have one very controllable car under hard braking.

I looked at designing/fabricating the brackets, but they are fairly intricate, and for me to do one set would be time/cost prohibitive. So I am looking forward to this deal coming through.

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes! :D

What if you only want the spacer?
I can get calipers and rotors much cheaper locally...

Oh ya, usually group purchases should be ran through upper management before offering to the public. I won't close the thread because they say I'm a nice guy :banana: :cheers:

I bought the brackets only from Steve, they were $300. There's a current thread with images of them here in the classics-tech section, look for "drums stuck to carrier" or something close to that.

No spindles included in any of the kits I've seen, but I never saw a price of $500 either, so YMMV. Like I said, the adapters and the hardware to mount them cost me $300, and was still worth it to me, I am quite pleased.

SitDown said:
i thought this kit was going for $500...or atleast was a few months back.

Or are spindles included in this price?
That was his very firs set put out for bid on ebay, he sold it with no reserve.
As of today, the brackets alone sell for $300, and the complete setup for $750 with plain rotors, and $825 with drilled and slotted rotors. No spindles included, but can be bought for an additional $80. This group purchase is a very good deal.

I'd be interested in hearing anyones success on this.

SitDown said:
i originally recall seeing 05 V6 16" wheels used with this kit...so im sure with the proper offset

These are the wheels I am looking to try first, with this brake set. If no one else has tried them before I get a chance to, I will post the results.

Scott

66Runt said:
These are the wheels I am looking to try first, with this brake set. If no one else has tried them before I get a chance to, I will post the results.
See if you can borrow a wheel first, I am 99% sure you need 17" rims for the 13" rotors and PBR calipers.

That is my plan

I haven't installed the spindles yet, so I plan on bolting the whole thing together and stuffing it in one of these wheels. If that part works, I'll mount it to the car and borrow one to try for size.

I'm also building an 8.8 out of a 91 GT. It should work great with the '05 spec back spacing.

Scott

Brackets arent availiable for discount he says. We have our 5 so if anyone at all wants it this is your last chance if he has the sets available. I am going to try my 16" tt 2's but i doubth they are going to work at all.

I'm wondering here...the offset of the 2005 wheel is definitely different than the 1995-2004 wheels. But the offset is such (I'm confused by deeper vesus shallower) that the mounting surface is closer to the outside of the car, this would cause the rotor to be closer to the outside of the car. Right?

If so this will not give more clearance for the inner edge of the rim to the caliper, if anything it would give less. Right?

Oh well, if Steve says they fit them I'm not gonna argue. But Wilwood, FoMoCo, USBrake, SSBC, and Baer all say you need a 17" wheel to run 13" rotors. YMMV.