GT 40P heads

yr1stangt

May 6, 2005
GA
I picked up a 88 302 HO motor the other day. I am taking it to the machine shop to get cleaned up. I have a set of GT40P heads, E-303 cam, 24lbs injectors,70tb .I need to know what intake would be a good combo and what headers will work. Also planning on spraying a small shot. ( up to 100 ) Any thoughts or
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra, Explorer / GT-40 or Edelbrock Performer.

Headers - you will need any type that will fit the "p" style heads. Just call up summit or jegs and ask one of the reps. It'll be up to you to decide to run long tubes or shorties (not worth it to run equal lenght shorties - IMO)

I do work for Year One so I can get just about anything. This is not my 1st mustang that I have built I just picked up these heads for next to nothing and thought about building something just for fun.I had heard that the GT40P heads will only use certain intakes.( ie Holly syt.max and the GT40 intake that comes on the exploders)I just wanted to make sure that what I heard was not true.I personally will probably go with the cobra and have everything matched at the machine shop.

the P's will bolt on to anything.. they rock!! Have the shop put a performance valve job in on the clean up and make sure the springs are good!! seat bounce will kill a lot of performance!! Agree with above!! GT40/Cobra?typhoon ect..
Just me..........................

Thumper