Gt-40p Intake Swap

• Sponsors (?)

Get rid of the chip , follow the surging idle check list and dump the codes and come back here with results

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers
Good advice, take it and do it...

The how to dump codes using a paper clip is in the checklist too....

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D:

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 125,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

94,44 for catalytic converters...do not have, so 33 egr not opening is that right why when i unplugged it it was no change in problem maybe the rubber in the egr is leaking but then i tried another one and it ran worse so now what ..

ok now go down the surging idle check list step by step without skipping any unt il you pin the tail on the donkey

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

After my last post I slacked on the investigation since I have no gauges (fuel pressure, vacuum). Today I was moving the salt/pepper connectors to adjust the fuel pressure because I knew it wasn't right it was hard to get started when engine was warm ..anyway the engine changed RpMs and after further inspection the vac line for the regulator seems to be the culprit ,cause it changes rpm when fooled with and the hesitation is gone after taking a ride.

found another issue, when i move the white salt shaker, the engine either speeds up or cuts out, i know you can clean them just need to know the steps and with what. the wires are not frayed or nothing so n ot sure what the issue is