GT-40P's VS GT-40's?

• Sponsors (?)

"Bad spark plug angle"? It was revised to aim the plug towards the center of the combustion chamber to improve combustion. I wouldn't call that a bad angle, but it does create header clearance issues. P's require specific headers. Non P's don't. Some full lengths will work on P heads without spark plug clearance issues. P's actually have slightly smaller exhaust valves and ports, but flow better because of better velocity.

I got a pair of ported bare of p castings in my garage i got as payment for something...and i dont know if they're worth the money for hardware and machine work...

"Bad spark plug angle"? It was revised to aim the plug towards the center of the combustion chamber to improve combustion. I wouldn't call that a bad angle, but it does create header clearance issues. P's require specific headers. Non P's don't. Some full lengths will work on P heads without spark plug clearance issues. P's actually have slightly smaller exhaust valves and ports, but flow better because of better velocity.
What headers are compatible?

What headers are compatible?

Ford make some, Mac used to and i've heard that Mac full lengths will clear the plug because they come out from the head far enough but that's just what i've heard. I've also heard you can use certain spark plugs that are shorter along with 90 degree boots. I would opt for Ford Racing's headers if it were me.

I made my bbk longtubes fit over my p heads. Not by beating on them but by using 90* spark plug boots on two of the plugs. The drivers side is the pita. P heads also have a smaller combustion chamber which bumps compression. They are the better head just harder to work with.

Dollars to donuts your butt synopsis won't tell the difference between the two.

Agreed. It's kind of like the argument between the Cobra and the Explorer intakes... You can spend all day analyzing the difference, but in the end it's a moot point because they're pretty much the same thing and neither one is going to light the world on fire. While you're sweating out the differences, someone else bought a set of aluminum heads and made more power. :p

According to an article a read, Robin Lawrence says the '96 GT40s in particular flow the best of all of them. He didn't go into why, but he was running deep in the 11s on them so he knows something.