Gt hood

• Sponsors (?)

ZincPony said:
the opening of the GT hood. would that cause any problems for my car.

What?

The GT hood is EXACTLY the same as your V6 hood, except they mounted a scoop on it. Personally I always thought going out of your way to get another fake scoop was a dumb idea, but do whatever you want.

ZincPony said:
i though the hood scoop on the GT was used for extra intake. cause some i've seen around here seem to have an opening in it.

That would be a negative. Atleast they don't come like that from the factory... maybe someone hooked up a raqm air type intake, like the machs have. But, anyway no they don't act like an intake.

Umm I don't know what you think you've been seeing on GT's, but there's a honeycomb block off plate on the front of the scoops. It's possible that one of the ones you saw was made functional, but I doubt all the GT owners in your area have been doing this.

The Mach I shaker is mounted to the intake, and protrudes through a hole in the hood. I don't know what you mean by, "it wasnt cut out it was on the hood. and it was full black," but I think you mean it was a convex scoop shape, and not a vent. :shrug: Either way, the Mach I scoop IS functional, and while it appears to be "on the hood", it technically is not part of the hood.

I would just worry about the car you plan on getting the hood from. Forget what you've seen elsewhere. Establish what kind of Mustang is in the junkyard, and whether or not the hood has been modified.