GT Radial Champiro HPZ tires

holler

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2000
Chicago
Has anyone used these tires and have any opinions of them? The reason I ask is because they are really cheap, yet they seem to be of reasonable quality. here is a link to them. Any thoughts? $115 dollars for a 265/ZR35/18 tire is an outrageous deal imho... The tread pattern looks pretty decent too.

https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop.php?action=findMan2&tirename=CHAMPIRO+HPZ

champirohpz.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered two of them for my fronts. It seems these tires are more prevalent in germany and asia. I noticed a few reviews on some german sites that said that they were great tire for the price.

Those look really nice, im sure they arent the best but for the price I would pick some up. I considered those before I got my Sumitomo HTRZ tires for the same price (112$) and ive been really happy with them for the $$$

Although I have used many Japanese tires in the past, I too would be leary of Chinese tires. Anytime someone says "hey that was made in China", I typically steer away from it. Think about all the low-quality throw-away electronics that come from China, etc. Their manufacturing practices still don't measure up to other asian countries whether its electronics, car parts, or whatever. I'd buy Korean tires before Chinese tires.

nickthegenius said:
Although I have used many Japanese tires in the past, I too would be leary of Chinese tires. Anytime someone says "hey that was made in China", I typically steer away from it. Think about all the low-quality throw-away electronics that come from China, etc. Their manufacturing practices still don't measure up to other asian countries whether its electronics, car parts, or whatever. I'd buy Korean tires before Chinese tires.
Exactly...

I try to buy US stuff...I just recently bought my tires and they were made in the US. Got a good deal too...299.99 for 245/45/17's. They are Essenza brand by Goodyear. Now as far as other foreign made tires I think quality is what you worry about. I've had Kumho (on the car when I bought it) and Pirelli tires in the past so I'm not opposed to getting a foriegn tire if the price is right. But China is definatly not up to par in their quality control. I wouldn't trust them.

They are not Chinese. GT radial is based in Jakarta, Indonesia. They produce Perilli Tires for the North American Market. see link --> http://www.gt-tires.com/comhistory.asp It seems like they are trying to enter the market under their own name now.

the tires are also TUV certified which is a stringent German certification.

I am all for buying American, (i did buy an american car didn't I?) but it's a global marketplace, so I decided to give these tires a shot. 9.99 out of 10 you probably have an Asian TV in your living room, what' the difference? :shrug: