GT Throttle Lag-Has Anyone Tried This?

red05bullitgt said:
hey Jenn, welcome back ??..was beginning to think you fell off the face of the earth and disappeared on us.. in fact, I was just thinking about shooting you an e-mail to find out why you left, anyway now that you're back that's one less thing to worry about lol. Rocky :D

Rehashing the reasons behind my leave of absence is unnecessary, Sport. I am happy to be back contributing where I can, both technical and fun. :SNSign: I have missed contributing to the S197 section and decided to poke around and see what has been happening. We all have a "happy place" and a hobby that we love. My happy place is Stangnet and my hobby is "Mustang arm chair mechanics". roflmao :rlaugh:

You know Rocky that you are ALWAYS welcome to email me. :cheers:

NOW THAT WE HAVE THROWN THIS THREAD WAY :OT: PM ME and Let's get back to business. :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

If this problem happens when you accelerate after cruising on the highway for a period of time, then the cause is the fuel pump. It creates air bubbles that are ingested when you accelerate, and cause the hesitation.
TSB 06-9-9 that addresses this issue.

Yep that'll fix it. Did wonders for me.

I haven't tried the throttle thing yet and I have an Auto, I'll maybe give it a shot today and report back. I do have a Diablo tune though and that fixed most of the lag I had before.

I did it to mine. It seemed to help some but I am not sure how much of it was just me getting used to the ins and outs of the new car. :shrug: I've only put about 225 miles on her so far. I did talk to Brenspeed yesterday about a SCT X-Calibrator 2. I told him that I wasn't ready to get a CAI yet, as I still don't know where that leaves me with respect to my warranty. He said that if I bought a SCT Tuner from him it would be set up w/3 tunes based on fuel octane, and that if I purchased a CAI from him later on, he would reflash the SCT free of charge.