GT to Mach 1?

southernpony

Oct 27, 2004
Houston,Tx
Aight yall. If I'm not mistakin I read sum where the Mach 1 makes 300 ponies.....correct? If so what has Ford done diffrent to it then the GT? I have an '04 GT and was curious if there are parts I could pull or buy from/for a Mach and put on my GT to get the 300. Or would I be better of just doing the aftermarket parts? Sorry if this has been gone over before. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

southernpony said:
Aight yall. If I'm not mistakin I read sum where the Mach 1 makes 300 ponies.....correct? If so what has Ford done diffrent to it then the GT? I have an '04 GT and was curious if there are parts I could pull or buy from/for a Mach and put on my GT to get the 300. Or would I be better of just doing the aftermarket parts? Sorry if this has been gone over before. Thanks

I'm no expert but I would think go ahead and use the aftermarket parts you want to reach that goal unless the factory parts are cheaper which I doubt..

um, read up on what the differences are on the cars instead of looking at hp numbers :rolleyes:

to get the power i would swap over the seats, wheels, spoiler, chin spoiler, subframe connectors and guages.....wait nope the engine thats the difference....

streetstang03 said:
the engines are totally different.

GT: 2V SOHC 4.6L
Mach 1: 4V DOHC 4.6L

to get your car to 300hp, you just need some bolt-ons. (Long tube headers, o/r midpipe, catback, Timing adjuster, pullies, K&N, etc....) Cams wouldnt be a bad idea either.

use the search button and you can find a lot about modding your GT to beat a Mach 1.
\ :stupid:

Thanks for da info yall. I think my first mod (well performance that is) will be gears.....gotta make better use of what ponies I have. But one quick question...my buddy said after I get my gears....$150 or so...then I have to buy a shim pack, this that and the other....he said the $150 gears are now about $400. Is this tru or is he shootin ***** at me?

Whats so funny? With my Mods I easily ran a 13.6, thats Mach1 territory.

99% of the Mach1's out there are mid 13 second cars when driven good. Mach1's aren't under-rated either. People who insist they are faster are less then 95% stock.

TR03Mach1 said:
please :rolleyes:

smoking is a bit extreme, but a bolt on 2v gt will run with a mach. i know a couple of guys with the same mods i have with less gear and have ran 12's on street tires @105+. just like the best mach 1 stock times

modded, well we all know thats a different story. if you dont you are in denial.

Is this tru or is he shootin ***** at me?

Ehhhh, gears are expensive, no 2 ways about it. You need the gears ~$150, youll then need someway to recalibrate the speedo. You can do a speedcal, around $100 extra, or you can do a chip ~$350-$450 with a good tune. BUT WAIT... we arent done yet :D. You also need them installed. A good shop will charge you about $200-250 to put the gears in. They are a great mod for our cars, but it can be VERY pricey to do this upgrade.

codyGT said:

99% of the Mach1's out there are mid 13 second cars when driven good. Mach1's aren't under-rated either. People who insist they are faster are less then 95% stock.
I just did a search of all the road tests I could on the Mach1 [7] the fastest corrected time I found was [email protected] Keep in mind, like the Cobras before them, they respond well to mods.

codyGT said:

Then you need to take a real close look at my sig, not the part with the mods, but the part that says 13.1 @105 BONE STOCK. I can get a list of about 80 cars off the Mach1Registry that also run low 13's stock. Also take a look at the dyno numbers and tell me again the Mach 1's aren't underrated!

TR03Mach1 said:
Then you need to take a real close look at my sig, not the part with the mods, but the part that says 13.1 @105 BONE STOCK. I can get a list of about 80 cars off the Mach1Registry that also run low 13's stock. Also take a look at the dyno numbers and tell me again the Mach 1's aren't underrated!
what no love for my post? :D