Gt40 explorer intake help

• Sponsors (?)

how do the spacers come off.. im having a difficult time removing the spacer..ive tried to hammering it off and sticking a screwdriver in between the plenum and spacer.. do i have to remove the 4 really long screws first?

You mean the throttle body retaining studs? Haha, yes, take those out. If you have the nuts off, they really aren't holding the EGR on, but it will probably be easier to remove the EGR with them out of the way.

It is not uncommon for the EGR to be stuck on there. The gasket deteriorates after years of use and acts like double sided tape. Gets those studs out and whack the EGR with a dead-blow mallet, or something that isn't going to damage anything. It'll break loose. You might also put the EGR valve bolts in their holes on the side of the spacer and use those to hammer the spacer away from the intake (don't damage the valve if you plan on reusing it obviously).

You have plans on upgrading the TB and EGR spacer? You'll get more from the intake swap if you upgrade to a bigger TB/EGR.

how can i tell if it has an internal egr?

explorer_uppers_underside.jpg

You can use either one. Left one will just require you to render egr non-functional.

One on right will have matching round port on lower intake as well

You dont HAVE to remove the studs. I dont really thing it'll make it easier anyways. I would just keep tapping the spacer with something hard until it breaks free. I wouldnt stick a screw driver in there as you may damage the surfaces. The spacer should just slide on and off the studs.