gt40 upper intake (hose comming from canister)

grippper

Mar 4, 2003
i been looking at pics of other peoples cars that have gt40upper intakes,and i noticed that they have a hose hooked to the upper intake. i assume its the hose comming from there smog canister fuel vent hose. am i right.the hole im talking about is to the right of the throttlebody. i have mine pluged. is it ok to hook that hose up to the intake. i think its a fuel vent but not sure.

• Sponsors (?)

The front hose from the upper manifold is for the canister purge soleniod valve. The computer turns the valve on and off to vent the fuel tank. This insures that the tank is properly vented and the engine does not suck all the air out of the tank.

Do not connect anything to it except for the hose that goes to the solenoid valve. Under no circumstances connect the hose directly to the line that goes back to the fuel tank.

Please clarify this for me, I have a Cobra upper, and connected the upper to the canister. There is also another line coming from the canister that goes back to the fuel tank, and is connected.

Did you mean dont connect the line that goes to the tank to the upper intake? Or have I done something wrong here...

Luvmy88 said:
Please clarify this for me, I have a Cobra upper, and connected the upper to the canister. There is also another line coming from the canister that goes back to the fuel tank, and is connected.

Did you mean dont connect the line that goes to the tank to the upper intake? Or have I done something wrong here...

1.) Hose from upper manifold connects to one side of the solenoid valve.
2.) Hose from the other side of the solenoid valve connects to one port on the carbon canister
3.) Hose from other port on the carbon canister connects to a steel vent line that runs back to the tank.

is the purge soleniod inside the canister. i took off all my smog crap. but i still have the canister with a hose comming out of it should i hook that to my vacume buy the throttlebody and egr.right now i have a fitting in there capped off.i thought it was for nitrous. someday

Like I said, the first hose is to the canister purge solenoid. It is a cylinder with a pair of hose connections & an electrical connector. Yours may be missing.