GT40P vs E7s Timeslip inside*

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
Alright, I was browsing around and found a timeslip from a run between my brother and me. Here is a quick break down of the two cars.

Mine (left lane): 89 LX, stock bottom end, stock cam, unported E7s with GT40 valves and a valve job, 1.7 rockers, cobra intake, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, stock inj, pulleys, LTs, Xpipe, mufflers and 3.73s. I was on 18x9 bullitts out front and 17x8 out back with 26x10.5 ET Streets.

Brother (right lane): 86 GT, stock bottom end, stock cam, unported GT40Ps with GT40 valves, valve job and angle milled to 58ccs, 1.7 rockers, cobra intake, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, stock inj, pulleys, shorties, prochamber, catback, 4.10s. He was on skinnys and 26x9 Hoosiers.

This timeslip shows how our two cars pull. Notice the GT40P car runs real strong, more so than my E7s. The 86 had room to improve with some powershifts, and my clutch was going, but it's a fair enough comparison.

IMO the GT40Ps are definately worth the upgrade when you compare slips...

2530982_47_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

That's a good right up.

Sounds like the cars are idential. I wonder what longtubes would do for his car. With his times and MPH, he might pick up another tenth or two.

Not bad,hes got 5 mph on you by the 1/8 mile ,thats a pretty good improvement.I wonder how much difference there would have been if both sets of heads were bone stock ?I was there on the 1st (saturday) .Hopefully they dont cancel that event this year because of the low turn-out because i had alot of fun.

I would be interested to see as well. I went 13.0 @ 103 on untouched stock heads, I assume a GT40P set up would have gone 12.7-12.8s without worry?

His car has suspension on mine, weighs about 100 lbs less, and is more of a "race car" although both are 100% street cars.

Also to note my 1/8th mphs are weird, I will go 83 on one run, the next I will go 87... NO idea why, must be shifting 4th gear?

I really considered the GT40P's, before I went with the Thumper E7's, so as not to jack up the speed density readings, its just for driving-or waste money that I could better explain using elsewhere to Suzy- I'm wondering if I'll see the same improvement? Nice numbers, stock bottom ends and cams!:nice:

I would think with thumper E7s, 12s shouldnt be an issue. My car doesn't make big power, and actually doesn't even make great power (for what I consider it to be) but seems to be running good for what it does make...

I LOVE my E7s, and actually plan to use them on my next build. Probably freshen them up and have some work done to them (milling, porting, etc). They will end up being $1000+ E7s, but how much fun will I have knocking down HCI cars, running E7s :D.

I would think with thumper E7s, 12s shouldnt be an issue. My car doesn't make big power, and actually doesn't even make great power (for what I consider it to be) but seems to be running good for what it does make...

I LOVE my E7s, and actually plan to use them on my next build. Probably freshen them up and have some work done to them (milling, porting, etc). They will end up being $1000+ E7s, but how much fun will I have knocking down HCI cars, running E7s :D.

We have the same thoughts haha!! I want to build a quick car with "Stock" ford parts, save for a bigger TB and mass air meter. I want to deck out the stock e7's and pickup a cobra intake. Nothing like going fast with factory parts. Dare to be different! :nice:

Yeah, see, thats what i was thinking, too. The 86 I had ran a stock, never opened 89 motor(obviously untouched E7's), 150 shot, and I just did suspension work, used to rip off 11.40's. Half the trouble with a properly done 5.0 is getting the power they do make, on the ground. The Thumpers, the TMoss ported lower, and the speed density will run good enough for me, and be able to defend itself quite nicely, I'm thinking- for under two grand. Exhaust and suspension will do the rest(Southsides were a miracle/lifesaver, shame they went away- but thank you, Ebay)! I don't need the fastest car, but, hell, yeah, great fun, for the guy with the "faster" car you just beat, to look under the hood and go, "Wtf?"