Gt500 In A Fox?

When I found out that a fox mustang chassis was shared with other ford vehicles I wanted to build one. Add to that the chassis hadn’t changed much from 1979-2004 and the seed was planted. A v8 station wagon with a cobra independent rear suspension and a manual transmission. I call it the Daddywagon.
full.jpg
OMG this is the coolest thing Ive seen in a while. We need more pictures.

• Sponsors (?)

Since we're giving tips, you should get to know your audience a little. I own two cars. The first is a 1986 Mustang GT. It's a Dart 331 and 2.2L Flowzilla that refers to dyno queens as "my ****es". The other is a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V that refers in the same way to nearly all luxury luxury cars and considerably more than half of all "sports cars". :rolleyes:

The point is.:, I'm fairly well aware of the differences in the drive-lines and furthermore, don't hate on any particular drive-line up to and including the 6.2L supercharged LS.

Now perhaps you guys have a lot of REALLY nice jack-stands that you just never get tired of looking at because that's about the majority of what I see in these "swap threads". Now, if you're trying to tell me that the only way I can get smooth running motor into a Mustang is to abandon the Windsor and shoe-horn some other POS that doesn't belong into the engine bay of a Fox (or other), I will direct you to www.stangnet.com to have a look at their Fox content. Take special note of the cars that are running and those that are mostly immobile sources of frustration.

Examples can also be found on bookface. You're on your own with that one as I don't participate. That was a decision that I made after returning to college to complete my degrees in Information Systems Technology and Digital Security Risk Analysis. Something that was difficult to complete because I was spending all my study time looking at dyno-sheets. :jester:

This is a "dyno-queen" that I'm fairly fond of:

View: https://youtu.be/ItLJoKTfWPw

I'm a familiar with a CTS-V. Rides like a typical Cadillac. Still has a pushrod engine, because GM; and they can't afford to design a modern V8. 2012, that would be an LSA engine, which is basically a severely under hardwared LS9. GM figured it didn't matter since only memebers of AARP buy Cadillacs. Had a few friends who were mistaken with what the car actually was buy one, and the engine blew up almost immediately. So you have a car with a pushrod engine and an outdated blower, along with another car with a pushrod engine that was outdated before it even went into production. You aren't making a good impression.

Kurt

So kurt, what is you engine of choice? And what would you put it in?
Keep in mind that I am not a:
Drag racer
Engine builder
Or have much experience past keeping my own junk running

I don't know, depends on what makes you happy. Do you like a lumpy idle, and a lot of torque, or do you like something smooth and refined, or something in the middle? At some point you have to realize that you will never have the fastest Mustang on the planet. Do you want to go fast, or do you want to have something unique? I currently have a big lumpy pushrod with a ton of torque, hard brakes, massively hard clutch; and I am ready to move onto something else.

Don't mind Noobz and I, we talk :poo: every once in awhile. It's part of the car culture. It's nothing personal.

Kurt

I'm a familiar with a CTS-V. Rides like a typical Cadillac. Still has a pushrod engine, because GM; and they can't afford to design a modern V8. 2012, that would be an LSA engine, which is basically a severely under hardwared LS9. GM figured it didn't matter since only memebers of AARP buy Cadillacs. Had a few friends who were mistaken with what the car actually was buy one, and the engine blew up almost immediately. So you have a car with a pushrod engine and an outdated blower, along with another car with a pushrod engine that was outdated before it even went into production. You aren't making a good impression.

Kurt

Then you are not familiar with it and certainly haven't driven one or you would know better.

I don't know, depends on what makes you happy. Do you like a lumpy idle, and a lot of torque, or do you like something smooth and refined, or something in the middle? At some point you have to realize that you will never have the fastest Mustang on the planet. Do you want to go fast, or do you want to have something unique? I currently have a big lumpy pushrod with a ton of torque, hard brakes, massively hard clutch; and I am ready to move onto something else.

Don't mind Noobz and I, we talk :poo: every once in awhile. It's part of the car culture. It's nothing personal.

Kurt
Myself, I like snarly big stuff stick'n through the hood all scary an :poo: jacked up with a straight axel and monster pie crust slicks but alas, I have a sniveling little sbf junk yard dog, kinda reminds me of a scared up doberman,
And I've seen noobz aarp membership card.

Then you are not familiar with it and certainly haven't driven one or you would know better.
IDK, it all depends on what your frame of reference is. In some instances, the Caddy can seem like weak sauce compared to other vehicles. What determines what good ride quality is? What you think is "pretty damn good" someone else may think "meh". If your frame of reference is a Fox Body car, then you are spot on.

I simply like n/a engines... so rather than a GT500 that pulls ~120hp when it's warm, I think you need to do an Aluminator XS swap... 580 n/a hp's, 8200rpm... now we're talking.

Reactions: 1 user
All of this banter has given me an idea.

I've been wanting to do an N/A Windsor build for some time now. I'd be willing to bet that I could build such a motor and have it run as smooth as a baby's ass and still make over 400 FWHP. :chin

I'm thinking:

Cast crank
forged rods
hyper pistons
EFI after-market ECU
shorties
Full weight forged flywheel
zero balanced

What else?

I'm thinking this might be right at home in the 89.

Reactions: 4 users

I've been wanting to do an N/A Windsor build for some time now. I'd be willing to bet that I could build such a motor and have it run as smooth as a baby's ass and still make over 400 FWHP. :chin

I'm thinking:

Cast crank
forged rods
hyper pistons
EFI after-market ECU
shorties
zero balanced

What else?

I hope this happens..

I'm thinking:

Cast crank
forged rods
hyper pistons
EFI after-market ECU
shorties
zero balanced

What else?

Harbor freight jack stands:stir:

Reactions: 1 user