guages

• Sponsors (?)

ya u do!!!!!!!!!! your site was the one i saw that is expireing me to set up a guage cluster like that in my f-150. so i can keep an eye on stuff when im bogging. How did you hide all the wire's like that? were they hard to install? i want oil temp/pressure water temp and fuel pressure all in elec. set up just like yours on the dash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well what do you want from your gauges?

Electrical gauges have no chance of making a mess and are easily hooked up.

Mechanical gauges work without electricity so they are unaffected by electrical failure or removal of the key, are more reliable, are more accurate, are harder to break, and eliminate the complexity of electrical systems.

88stangmangt said:
ya u do!!!!!!!!!! your site was the one i saw that is expireing me to set up a guage cluster like that in my f-150. so i can keep an eye on stuff when im bogging. How did you hide all the wire's like that? were they hard to install? i want oil temp/pressure water temp and fuel pressure all in elec. set up just like yours on the dash!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have alot of patience you will be ok. First I measured everything. Than I mocked up the gauges on the dash and measured again. Than I made the harness. Everything is soldered. The first time I layed the harness down it was too long. I had to go back and redo it. I wanted it to be just right with as little wire showing. I drilled 2 small holes in the dash, 1 just behind the center 2 gauges. I fed the harness down thru the dash and then connected the harness to the gauges and then mounted them. As for the other end of the harness, I made my connections where I needed to. I used black plastic conduit to cover the wires on the dash. If you notice in the pic you can see it behind the gauges. But you can't see any wires. It took all day including making the harness, installing the gauges and sending units, and then connecting everything up. I am really happy with how it came out so for me it was time well spent. Hope this helps you out. :nice:
415844_22_full.jpg

Notice from this angle you can't even see the conduit.
415844_18_full.jpg