Guaranteed Value coverage Hagerty Insurance ??

Pops Fun

10 Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hagerty Insurance, anyone use them or had a claim?? Blue book for my car is 3/4k if stolen or wrecked I would be sick!! Guaranteed Value coverage for $13,000 sounds better to me.
Only about $40 dollars more a year for Hagerty.

Anyone use them??

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

I use Grundy which is about the same thing. I declared the car value at $18,500. So far it's worked pretty well, but I haven't had a claim yet. I think Hagerty is actually a little more lenient on certain things.

Kurt

The Hagerty isn't an extra $40, it's only $40. Collector car insurance is dirt cheap. I checked Progressive for a price quote on agreed upon value. I got the quote and then at the end of the whole quote they told me that it was agreed upon value or the actual value, whichever was less. So be careful of that. There are always a few stipulations with collector car insurance. Grundy requires that you keep it in a garage, don't race it, and you don't drive it to work. I think Hagerty doesn't have the don't drive it to work clause. I would never drive my car to work unless I absolutely had to anyway.

Kurt

make sure you read through their stipulations. like Kurt said, they don't let you drive race it or drive to work. you can only drive it between certain hours, all kinds of weird stuff like that.

i have state farm and asked them about a stated value policy and they said they do it but you need to have it professional appraised first.

I was turned down by Haggerty ..... I had a blow out on the Highway in 2008 and it caused $1700 in damage so they turned down my application
mad.gif

I can reapply after it's been 5 years.

Checked with State Farm.... took pictures then said no thanks.... I don't think it was old enough???

There is a difference between "declared value" and "collector status". The reply from State Farm sounds like you were asking them for collector car insurance. And, yes there is usually an independent appraisal requirement and/or supporting documentation to support the declared value. Mine has a $20k declared value which was supported by receipts. In addition, the car was reclassified as modified and needed to be certified that it meets current safety and licensing requirements.

Safeco here.... mines insured for 18K "agreed value" . I just had a 7500.00 claim on my home owners & 5200.00 on my auto from storm damage, both thru Safeco. Not a hassle to be had...,they just cut me checks....:nice: