Guess My H P !!! - The Dyno & 1/4 Mile Time Thread

Good deal, man. I will probably play with it, this weekend. It's been a while since I've run those scripts, but if I can figure it out quickly, it'll be pretty fun. Can you give me the zip code and date/time? I can use a website to try to estimate your DA. If a hilly area, maybe you can also provide the altitude. These aren't required, but they will allow me to correct your power output to sea-level.

• Sponsors (?)

Not yet man. Life's been hectic, especially with just getting one of my cars back from a shop, then Foxtoberfest last week, and a friend having a crisis. Gimme to the weekend. Promise I'll give it a shot before Monday.

10.8:1 comp, woody built long block
Forged internals
Custom comp cam: .576int .571 Exh. 226/234 @.050 112lsa. Idles nicely.
11r 205
Pro m 80
75mm tb
Ported r lower and stock box r upper
40lb injectors. 255lph pump
Stock sn95 fuel rails and lines.
A5 trans
Tuned with quarterhorse. 30 degrees advanced all in.
1 3/4 x 3in Long tubes with a pro chamber. The rest built by me using some dynomax ultra flows. Axle dumped.

All in a 96 chassis.

422hp @5500 /456ftlb@4250. Cars a little n/a monster on the street.

15E14F5A-87E4-493B-951A-798D871641FF.jpeg

47C4A36A-8918-4533-96CA-7E4215CD705D.jpeg

View: https://youtu.be/EkDJGlp3DTs

That's gotta be flywheel hp?

Nah... That's a well built 347. similar heads, same intake, 2 points more compression, more aggressive cam, 16 more cubes. I made 362 rwhp lean & untuned. 422 has to be whp.

Yeah, those are [really] good numbers. I've always wanted to do an N/A like that.
Now with heads that big I wonder how's the driveability and is it a daily car just the weekend car? I guess it ain't yours though but yeah I know you can go big and have real good numbers but sometimes in the case of what you're looking for too big might not necessarily be the best option

Now with heads that big I wonder how's the driveability and is it a daily car just the weekend car?
With the right tuning system, it can be as docile as you like. With the injectors being 'smaller' it's easier to tune in part power settings (not that it hasn't been done a thousand times with larger ones).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
With the right tuning system, it can be as docile as you like. With the injectors being 'smaller' it's easier to tune in part power settings (not that it hasn't been done a thousand times with larger ones).
Mine will be Dyno tuned via HP laptop. That's exactly why I'm asking all of these questions now because back in 2005 I did not properly match my combo even though the car runs good and strong but I probably would have had better overall numbers and everything with a more properly matched combo.

So yeah but talking to and I got one more guy to talk to local that I'll probably let do the bill but the other guy in Texas we've always talked about airspeed and velocity and everything that goes into making horsepower, RPM, for what I want to do with the car, talk down low and everything as it makes sense to not go extremely too big. But yeah that's why I want to make sure everything tea is crossed and is dotted as much as I can LOL
The theory goes big heads, small cam... Small heads big cam... Which do you think has the better manners?
♂️♂️

The theory goes big heads, small cam... Small heads big cam... Which do you think has the better manners?
Either one is a band aid.
And the answer would require what the application is, IE, how is the engine being used.
You can optimize an engine for a particular application, but the first time any component is changed, for whatever reason, the whole combo gets thrown out of wack.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Either one is a band aid.
And the answer would require what the application is, IE, how is the engine being used.
You can optimize an engine for a particular application, but the first time any component is changed, for whatever reason, the whole combo gets thrown out of wack.
in my case mostly cruising so I'd like power and torque right away and not necessarily trying to maximize the combo for top end for where I won't be at most of the time. Car will have AC and all and no track.....