Guess my Horsepower

stangman94

Sep 7, 2006
BBK header BBK o/r h pipe flowmaster catback bbk cai trickflow street manifold trickflow heads 1.7 rockers ford lifters

Dynoed in at 245rwhp

I'm adding a steeda #19 cam 90mm MAf 70 Throttle bodie and 24lb injectors with a bigger pump and regulator as well.
TUned what do you think it will make?

• Sponsors (?)

I would have thought it would have put down pore than that before, I dyno'ed at 226rwhp with a basically stock car and stock heads???

If all is mechanically well and it is tuned right i would guess close to 300.

I would have thought it would have put down pore than that before, I dyno'ed at 226rwhp with a basically stock car and stock heads???

tjh566:

Your numbers don't sound right for a stock 5.0. Ford rated the 5.0 horsepower at 215/240 (GT/Cobra), and that was at the FLYWHEEL. Your stock dyno number should reflect a 15% to 25% drop from those numbers due to powertrain loss. That would leave an optimistic stock rating of 180 to 200 at the rear wheels, probably less.

Not trying to knock your car. It's just those numbers don't look right. What kind of dyno machine are we talking about here?

Stangman94:

I think you should be pretty happy if you get in the 270 to 280 range at the rear wheels with those mods. But I wouldn't be upset to see a more realistic 265. If you want 300 at the rear wheels, you will need a power adder.

I have often seen if an auto is in the mix .............

You will see lower dyno values

What I have not seen is a consistency in the numbers between them

Some might be 10% and others more and others less :shrug:

Autos don't always fair well at the dyno
but
That is not to say they are not making good power

Grady

grgt1994 did you not notice he has trickflow heads?

You mean Stangman? Ya, and he dyno'ed 245 with em. Here he's asking what the Steeda #19, fuel upgrades and tune would add to all of the above. My guess is another healthy 20 to 30 rwhp.

Take my setup for comparison. I run a fairly similar combo in many respects, except I had Anderson Ford Motorsports dyno tune mine. And I put down 284 at the rear wheels. Granted there will be some variance car to car, but the biggest differences I see between Stangman's and mine is he has the 1.7 rockers where I have the standard TFS rockers, and I have a t5 where he has a slush box. I don't know exactly how those cancel out. But I'm just trying to give Stangman a realistic number based on similar experience.

I think that 300 rwhp suggested above might get him a little bent out of shape when the new dyno comes in much lower than that. I hope he makes all that power, but it just doesnt seem realistic.

I can't be sure about the difference between those two combos when factoring
in one has the stick and the other has an auto :shrug:

Now ... the difference between the rockers :D
That is one thing I've seen that does not vary as much

I've always felt rockers are one of those mods that are highly over rated

1.7 over 1.6 will yield a very small gain
and
Even with the less friction benefit of going from OEM to 1.7 ............

You usually see gains of less than 10rwhp
and
A most of the time ... the gains are closer to 5 than 10rwhp

I'd do pulleys over rr's any day in a heartbeat ;)

More go for less dough :nice:

Grady

The rockers are a waste of money but I got mine for 50 bucks so I couldn't pass that up
also got my heads for $300 :D

I know alot of it as to do with the tune. So I'll be getting it all done with in the next month I'll post a dyno sheet.

I'm still not sure on what cam I should run though.
feel free to give me ideas I dont know much about choosing a cam.

Dont you usually have to upgrade your alternator if you get under drive pulleys or is that just foxes?

I'm still not sure on what cam I should run though.
feel free to give me ideas I dont know much about choosing a cam.

Dont you usually have to upgrade your alternator if you get under drive pulleys or is that just foxes?

Cams are one of the few things I've just never put a lot of research in so
I only have general knowledge about that part of the combo.

I used a Pro to help me decide so I'm kinda worthless with that :rlaugh:

Since your choice of heads & intake are fairly popular .........
You've got the good fortune of seeing lots of results from others who
have done what you seek to do.

All you gotta do is put in the time for a bit of research to benefit
from their efforts ;)

Its a cinch to see what has been done if you went with a TFS stg1
cam as then you would basically have the main parts of a kit
many peeps have done.

Any particular reason you are looking at the Steeda 19 cam :shrug:

As for your pulley Q

I don't put much time in Fox stuff so I was not aware of what you
speak of here

I did not have to do anything with my GT to run pulleys :shrug: