Guessing approx. HP-1/4 mile

AZNEAL311

Sep 1, 2006
Phoenix
I am new to this site. I am on my 2nd 88 Mustang GT. I recently bought an 88 hatch and am wondering if anyone can help me guestimate my HP.

Edelbrock Performer RPM2 upper&lower intake, Edelbrock aluminium Performer heads, MSD Dist., BBK 75mm Throttle body with cold air intake and M.A, K&N Filter, electric fan, under drive pullies, Dual flowmaster, Hurst short throw,aluminium drivshaft, 3.08 gears, March Ram Air kit,

I have not gone into the engine yet. Want to run it at the track before before i make any more mods. So i am not sure of any of the internal engine. Any suggestions on future mods would help a lot. If I remember or find any thing else i will post it ASAP.

• Sponsors (?)

This is more of a talk section question but your new so no worries. I assume the stock cam is being used and that BIG intake your likely in the 250-260 range with decent A/F. That number is to the wheels. IMO the intake is going to be a bit big and the stock cam will limit your peak numbers but it's likely alot of fun on the street especially in the midrange. 1320 times I wouldn't even try to guess.

I agree with DMan. About 260-270 rwhp and I would guess probably 14.20-.30's with that 3:08 gear. Swap it to 3:73 or 4:10 would make the biggest difference. Especially in Phoenix, I lived there myself, you need gears before you race it. That valley you're in knocks down the effective ratio.

I run a very similar set up, almost identical to yours, down to the aluminum drive shaft and the U/D Pullies, except i'm running TW 185cnc heads and i'm putting down 270rwhp and 290rwtq on a mustang dyno. I don't really know the difference between a "mustang dyno" and a dyno jet or w/e, i've heard that they give lower numbers than a dyno jet, but i'm not sure by how much.

88Stang331 said:
I run a very similar set up, almost identical to yours, down to the aluminum drive shaft and the U/D Pullies, except i'm running TW 185cnc heads and i'm putting down 270rwhp and 290rwtq on a mustang dyno. I don't really know the difference between a "mustang dyno" and a dyno jet or w/e, i've heard that they give lower numbers than a dyno jet, but i'm not sure by how much.
Not simular at all actually...your talking stock cam vs TFS-1 cam...big difference, and TW185 heads vs Eddy rpm heads..night and day difference.