Guesstimate my time, I'll post results tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

well, here are our times:

my car:
reaction ...... 0.281
60'.............. 2.148
1/4 ET......... 14.924
MPH............ 92.561

nacho's car:
reaction ...... 2.032
60'.............. 2.465
1/4 ET......... 14.926
MPH............ 94.605

nacho was deep staged, and the ******* at the switch decided to light the tree up while nacho was trying to back up a bit. the reaction time was slow cause he had to put it in D from reverse, and he peeled out a good deal before the car took off. he freakin caught up to my car, though, as you can see from the et's. close race. i didn't drive my car... my bro-in-law did. we didn't have enough time to make another pass so i could get behind the wheel, but i'm really happy w/ the 14.924 he pulled off, despite the full tank of gas.

after a tune and w/ the stall and a better reaction time, nacho's gonna whoop the crap out of my stocker!

some corvette smacked the rail and wound up in pieces... took an hour and a half to clean. then some douche blew an axle, so we had to wait for him to get towed, then they had to clean up all the jizz left on the line. we spent a couple hours before that looking for a helmet... nacho's a vert.

matthiasj said:
i didnt know that the reaction time effected your times. I thought that the timer started when you took off, not when the light turned green...thats what someone told me

R/T has no effect on your time. If you are racing the R/T comes into play in determining the winner as the person that runs closest to their dial in and has a better R/T will win. If you dialed in a 14.0 and ran a 14.1 and I dialed a 13.5 and ran a 13.6, I would win if your R/T was more than one tenth slower than mine. In a heads up racing situation a person with a slower ET can win if the difference between their R/T and ET is less than the person with the quicker ET if his R/T was slower and the difference between his R/T and his dial was greater.

The damn light played a trick on me. I needed to back up a bit to avoid a deep stage, and when I put the car in R, the tree lit up and he took off. I then had to shift to 1 and rev it a bit before taking off. My car couldn't grip on the take off and when I shifted, it would also slip the wheels. I need some good tires. So then basically what happened, is that Paul's car took off 2 sec before me and I still managed to catch up and run a 14.9, does that tell me something of what I should be capable of. My MPH seemed very low as well, it was aroung 94-95mph.

95Vert said:
So then basically what happened, is that Paul's car took off 2 sec before me and I still managed to catch up and run a 14.9, does that tell me something of what I should be capable of. My MPH seemed very low as well, it was aroung 94-95mph.

that's what i figured... since he took off 2 seconds later and caught up, does that mean if he'd've started at the same time, would he've won by 2 seconds?

Ram000 said:
that's what i figured... since he took off 2 seconds later and caught up, does that mean if he'd've started at the same time, would he've won by 2 seconds?
Somethings not right with what you are saying. It sounds like you are trying to say that Nacho's car should be a 12.9 sec. car (14.9 ET - 2.000 reaction = 12.9) That is not correct. If both of your ET's are virtually the same, then you would tie if both reaction times are equal. It appears to me that Nacho had a slower 60', but caught up with you some on top end, thus the higher MPH. I know at my local track, they give you a raw ET and then one with reaction time figured in, which unless you cut a perfect reaction (.500 at my track) the adjusted ET will always be higher. With only running about 94.5 MPH in the 1/4, I can promise that you both have ~14.9 second cars.

matthiasj said:
i didnt know that the reaction time effected your times. I thought that the timer started when you took off, not when the light turned green...thats what someone told me

if you are running in a class where et matters, then the r/t is factored in. Regular test and tune sessions run exactly what you are thinking.

and fyi, its the 3rd yellow light you go on, not the green. the red and green indicate whether you had a false start or not.

94gts said:
and fyi, its the 3rd yellow light you go on, not the green. the red and green indicate whether you had a false start or not.

i didnt know that, i thought the green was go. i knew to go before the green but i did not go as soon as i saw the third light. so i should go as soon as the third one lights up, or even a moment before that:shrug: ?

94MustangGT5.0 said:
Somethings not right with what you are saying. It sounds like you are trying to say that Nacho's car should be a 12.9 sec. car (14.9 ET - 2.000 reaction = 12.9) That is not correct. If both of your ET's are virtually the same, then you would tie if both reaction times are equal. It appears to me that Nacho had a slower 60', but caught up with you some on top end, thus the higher MPH. I know at my local track, they give you a raw ET and then one with reaction time figured in, which unless you cut a perfect reaction (.500 at my track) the adjusted ET will always be higher. With only running about 94.5 MPH in the 1/4, I can promise that you both have ~14.9 second cars.

i see, thanks for clearing that up... i never learned how/if they included the reaction time into the e/t... guess they didn't in this case.

the other #'s on the slip are as follows:

me: 9.598 @ 70.756 mph
nacho: 9.783 @ 75.840 mph