Guys like shopping to

With the 347 almost wrapped up I decided I better do some shopping for the Cobra :D

Picture of the Engine
motor_1.jpg

Where the engine belongs
motor_bay.jpg

New distributor
dist.jpg

My favorite the 3" electric exhaust cut-outs :banana:
exhaust_cutout.jpg

Can't forget the interior sound
stereo.jpg

Now I just need time to put all this stuff in

• Sponsors (?)

Cool stuff, I've never seen an electric exhaust cutout. Out of curiousity,
why make it electric? Would you only use it when you drag race or is this
something you would use on the street?

Just a suggestion but is there any way you could shorten the purple and
green wires that are running to your ignition? It looks like you made a big
coil of extra wire which wasn't used.

Anyhow nice work.. I wish my engine was stroked to a 347. I love shopping
for car parts... my nightstand right now is weighed down by the likes of
Summit, PAW, TIP, Harbor Freight Tools, Craftsman, etc.

d

dmoody said:
Cool stuff, I've never seen an electric exhaust cutout. Out of curiousity,
why make it electric? Would you only use it when you drag race or is this
something you would use on the street?

Just a suggestion but is there any way you could shorten the purple and
green wires that are running to your ignition? It looks like you made a big
coil of extra wire which wasn't used.

Anyhow nice work.. I wish my engine was stroked to a 347. I love shopping
for car parts... my nightstand right now is weighed down by the likes of
Summit, PAW, TIP, Harbor Freight Tools, Craftsman, etc.

d

The exhaust cutouts are great for stoplights, if some little honda wants to try to get a piece I just flip a switch and the cutouts will point out the side of the car right in their ear and they'll think twice about gettin a piece.

The extra coil of wires is for the distributor on the engine, so they will be getting used.

My nightstand and coffee table has backissues of jegs and summit. lol

Stang2Man said:
the cutouts aren't for interior sound?? I was pretty happy with my 78 Cobra when I found out that the exhaust was louder at 70mph than the stereo was at full blast, hehe. Whats the little box on the side of your inner fender??

The bracket and box on the side of the inner fender is for the fuse block. Painless makes no bracket and cover for their fuse block so I had to make one out of plexiglass to keep all the moisture out. here's a pic of the wiring harness.

wiring_small.jpg

IICrazy said:
The exhaust cutouts are great for stoplights, if some little honda wants to try to get a piece I just flip a switch and the cutouts will point out the side of the car right in their ear and they'll think twice about gettin a piece.

LOL My exhaust is so loud no Honda will think about it... ever, lol I was running straight pipes no muffler, 3 in single, and thought Id better fix this... 300.00 bucks later I'm running dual 2 -1/2's with a dual chamber 3 in flowmaster and IT's just as loud!! I pull up and EVERBODY looks... I put it in nuetral and roll at idle past cops lol...

Mstng2 said:
L. 300.00 bucks later I'm running dual 2 -1/2's with a dual chamber 3 in flowmaster and IT's just as loud!! I pull up and EVERBODY looks... I put it in nuetral and roll at idle past cops lol...

Did they forget to weld the pipes all together

I have the same set up and its not that loud At IDLE of course if i nail it, its loud.

IIcrazy --Do you have clearance with that box and the hood it looks mighty high on that inner fender