Guys please help me out with coolant bleed

I bought the SVE electric fan upgrade kit from LMR. I also went ahead and bought a chrome mr gasket water neck (for looks). The SVE kit came with a brass coolant temperature sensor. First, I don’t like how the sensor doesn’t have a plug and removing it is a pain since the wire can’t be disconnected and two, I can’t get the sensor to not leak! It will hiss and coolant seems to be coming through the threads (small amount). I have thoroughly cleaned the threads and used permatex thread sealer. SO with that said, my question is can I just buy a different sensor (two wire which is what the SVE sensor is) I was going to buy another oem ford coolant sensor with plug and wire it in. Will this work with the kit? I posted pics below. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 621325D7-0B7B-4AA2-A486-B6FE69D4E5BD.png
    621325D7-0B7B-4AA2-A486-B6FE69D4E5BD.png
    954.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 3D32C61C-3732-4360-A337-2EDC11E492DB.png
    3D32C61C-3732-4360-A337-2EDC11E492DB.png
    620.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Sponsors (?)

just read the 1st half, not look @ pic either. Saw the "silly cone" use'n stopped. This is a great place 4 'thread tape'. We use it in the automotive trade for threads where we do not have concern abt a possible break in conductivity (ie not at an oil sender @ block as it's grounded thru the case, can't send its signal to the guage). Anyway, wrap that sucker in 2 complete revolutions same direction as the spin of the item as tightened dwn (this way tightening duz not un-wrap or bunch up the 'tape'). A bad day is a day I don't learn something new (but darn, that's a day my garage mates hear alota screamin'n cussin). 8^0

Reactions: 1 user
The shoulder of the sensor likely is not sealing at the top of the threads, just looking at the sensor in the last pick you may be able to find a brass crush washer that should help seal it or go with the idea of an oem sensor.