guys who run 5 lug with 4 wheel discs

dans89lx

Jan 23, 2007
ive got all the 5 lug stuff off my old 94 cobra currently on my 89. the booster from the 94 was damaged in the wreck so i figured i could get away with the stocker from the 89. well...aparently it doesnt run as much pressure and i have TONS of fade in my brakes now. if i get the correct booster for the 94 cobra setup will it fix this? i tried to go the cheap way out and get the extra little canister to try to build up some extra pressure but this only gave me enough to make it drivable. anyone else have this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

W/ the increased diameter of the M/C you really need a bigger booster to have quality brakes. Yes, the 94 Cobra booster will do the trick but it is HUGE. You'd be better of going w/ a 93 Cobra booster. Still bigger and will do the job, but wil actually fit in the Fox3 engine bay.

W/ the increased diameter of the M/C you really need a bigger booster to have quality brakes. Yes, the 94 Cobra booster will do the trick but it is HUGE. You'd be better of going w/ a 93 Cobra booster. Still bigger and will do the job, but wil actually fit in the Fox3 engine bay.
hmm...ill have to look into that, id really like to find a way to make the booster from the 94 fit...i didnt go through the PITA to put the 4 wheel discs and 5 lug conversion to have average stopping power ya know?...ill see what i can rig up. thanks for the reply!

Let me clarify, the 93 Cobra booster is no slouch. Its what comes in the Cobra brake kit from Ford Racing. The diameter is right for the Fox3 engine bay. Thats the difference. The SN95 Cobra booster is alot bigger in diameter and I'm not 100% sure it'll fit.

I am having this ordeal now... The SN booster will fit, you have to elongate a few holes, move one of the holes on the firewall and beat in the back of your strut tower a little. I decided to not run it, as my friends 5lug set up with an SN MC, and fox booster worked fine. I will definately try and find a 93 Cobra Master Cylinder though.

I am having this ordeal now... The SN booster will fit, you have to elongate a few holes, move one of the holes on the firewall and beat in the back of your strut tower a little. I decided to not run it, as my friends 5lug set up with an SN MC, and fox booster worked fine. I will definately try and find a 93 Cobra Master Cylinder though.

Like i told you. it will fit, and now is the time to do it while th engine is out.

youll kick yourself if you dont swap them. ill even give you a hand

well I put the other ones in there for now, we started to get the SN one in, drilled the holes out and stuff, but Im not a huge fan of beating my wheel wells with a hammer... If you want to maybe Ill grab my ebrake cables and we can tackle the booster, ebrake stuff, and finish up the lines when they come in...

A 93 Cobra Booster is Perfect, the Studs are in the same Location and have the same Thread Pitch as the Stock Fox Booster. On the SN95 Booster be VERY careful if you choose one as if the rod is straight instead of curved it wont work correct with your pedal.