H/C/I @ 14's in 1/4 ?!?!

um, well most street races arent from a stop, usually they are from a roll or both take off slowly off the light making sure the other is gonna go. suspension isnt really gonna help in those situations. to me, if you can make a car go fast with a 2.0-2.2 60' time, that puts a smile on my face because I know thats a fast street car that doesnt have to fully rely on a good 60' or slicks to pull a decent time. btw, with my set up I usually walk LS1's from a roll, especially the auto's. if you keep most of your racing at the track, then suspension is the better way to go.

also, the LS1 wasnt offered till 98+. The 96 is an LT1. The fbody has a big disadvantage with weight, my friends 99 TA weighed in at 3800 with full tank of gas (he weighs 200lbs) full option t-top M6. but their 44 cu in advantage and aerodynamics more than makes up for it.

• Sponsors (?)

admstng said:
i see some of you guys in your sig with time's in the 14's with H/C/I. If this is the case i am gouing to sell my notch, put the 4K down on a trans-am.

what i want: To beat a stock LS1

What i don't want: to spend 3 K in parts and labor to get smoked in the 1/4 by 6 car lenghts by a LS1.

There are several views of this. If you really don't like the car enough to do the research and practice to learn how to go fast, by all means sell it quickly and cheaply and get something else. Especially if you want to retain the overall stockness of an everyday car. Realize that you have a significantly smaller motor, 5.0 vs 5.7, very similar weights, and you probably have a mild gear set.

I think you will spend much more money on the camaro than on the Stang for the same end result. And, currently, upgrades and repairs to a Stang are much less expensive than to the camaro.

I have about $3k in my $50 Mustang, that is now running high 13 quarters. It is still streetable, but not a good everyday car. I have some other regular cars.

In order, my biggest gains came from traction, driving and weigh loss. I have gone from 15.30 to 13. 60 with a converter, tires, and practice.

Bone Racing said:
RIHLMAN has gears, exhaust, and suspension....and 12 sec slips

100% stock motor

Rihlmann does have a stock motor and has gone 12s. I believe he also cruises around on the ET Streets some (I know I have a bunch), so when you pull next to that car at a light, it is a 12 second car. For those who have seen the vids or have been to the track with him, my other post holds true, driver and traction.

As far as time slips are concerned, traction is key. The track I go to is an 1/8th mile, traction is everything. It's an old track everyone runs .2 better at other tracks, but here is the point. When my car was stock except the gears, subframes, underdrives, CIA, and A/C and Smog delete, and the other tuning free mods, I ran 8.8 at 79mph with a 1.960ft time. I was powershifting, pedal to the metal the whole way down, and got a good launch that time. Now, with all the mods I have, I get 8.8 to 8.6 with 2.0 60fts at about 82mph. However, I have to launch at about 1200rpm and can't put the gas all the way down until the end of second, and have to shift softly or the tires will just break loose. In a street race, there's no question about more power, cars that I used to hang with I now just leave like it's not even a race. Needless to say, I need traction.

You can see my times in my sig.. Motor & intakes is 100% stock with about 100000 miles. I think heres a 12.9 in there with an X pipe and some suspension work. It'll need to cut a high 1.6 I think.

After that I am going to go with some Thumpers, Prolly E cam, and already have an Edelbrock Performer intake here. Once this stuff gets put on, the car better at least run 12.50s or i'll be ticked off.