H/C/I + SCT Tune = Dyno Sheet Inside!! How do the numbers look?

• Sponsors (?)

I think that's pretty comparable to my numbers. And my mods are not too far off your's. Mods in sig.

DynoSheet-2.jpg

DynoSheet-1.jpg

Attachments

• DynoSheet-2.jpg
    DynoSheet-2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DynoSheet-1.jpg
    DynoSheet-1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 105
That’s amazing how close our numbers are! It seems that you leaving some power on the table somewhere, with some of the bigger and better parts that you have over me? My tuner told me that if I replaced my cobra intake with any TFS or Edelbrock intake or got it ported, he could get @15 more HP at the wheels?!?!

R.J. said:
That’s amazing how close our numbers are! It seems that you leaving some power on the table somewhere, with some of the bigger and better parts that you have over me? My tuner told me that if I replaced my cobra intake with any TFS or Edelbrock intake or got it ported, he could get @15 more HP at the wheels?!?!
Same here...I just made 287hp and 317tq and tuner said that the cobra intake was holding me back tremendouly.

Pretty good numbers man! Have lots o fun with it!!

P.S. Did the MSD make any seat of pants difference for those that have it?? Dyno difference?? Reason I am asking is that my 90GT I put on a crane hi-6 I think it was called and it pulled hard to redline instead of dying at 4200 like it was stock.. Thanks!

good numbers!

pokageek, when i put my 331 in, i put the stock distributor back in and the car had crazy problems with tuning, running, idling. It would fall on its face when it hit 3500 rpm, wouldn't even break the tires loose in 2nd. i put the MSD in and it idle fine, it didn't heat up, i took it out for a spin and almost killed myself with the backend spining out on me. I didn't expect it to have as much power as it gained just from the distributor. could have been from a bad distributor to begin with though....

IEatRiceGT said:
Same here...I just made 287hp and 317tq and tuner said that the cobra intake was holding me back tremendouly.

R.J. said:

RJ-cobra intake-285 rwhp/324 rwt
IEatRice GT-cobra intake-287rwhp/317rwt
GRGT-street heat intake-284rwhp/312 rwt
All 3 of you have more or less the same mods. Im sure you all could get higher numbers with a different intake,but it doesn't seem that "any TFS intake" would beat the Cobra now ,does it? Some guy's just like to knock the Cobra, send the lower to Tmoss,you'll be suprised what they can do:D

I made 304hp/339tq years ago with a trickflow h/c/i kit (way before it was offered as a kit) shorty headers, full accessories and 100% stock eec. I tuned it myself at the track, so no changes were made on the dyno as I had the tune perfect.

For some reason sn95's dyno lower than foxes.

Grn92LX said:
I made 304hp/339tq years ago with a trickflow h/c/i kit (way before it was offered as a kit) shorty headers, full accessories and 100% stock eec. I tuned it myself at the track, so no changes were made on the dyno as I had the tune perfect.

For some reason sn95's dyno lower than foxes.
Gotta love the super tuners....
Numbers will go up and down depeding on several factors when it comes to dyno pulls. However as seen above the numbers are right in the average for 302/306 H/C/I cars with most every combo. There are always those guys that will make 20HP more than everyone else with same parts but I take those outcomes with a grain of salt, IMO your numbers are excellent. My 306 with did 291/317 and again I've found that it's right on par with most others.

Turns out, one of my spark plugs was about 2 turns loose on my dyno pull. Dont' know if that made a difference, but I tell myself it did, and I'm really running lit 10 or 15 more at the rear wheels. Who knows. :shrug:

I see most of you are running flowmasters.

It would definately be worth your while to try a different type muffler...preferably one of the straight through type mufflers. I.E.- Borla, Magnaflow etc.

Reason being is, it's been proven that flowmasters with all their baffling, decreases torque significantly. So, you could possibly see better torque results with the other type mufflers. Not sure that the HP would be effected, but I'm pretty confident the torque would improve.

Still, kudos on the nice numbers guys!!:nice: