H Pipe for GT40P/GT40 heads, MAC headers

nittanylion45

Nov 22, 2006
Hey...

Does anyone know if a standard 1965 dual exhaust V-8 H-Pipe will fit Gt40 P heads with MAC GT40P headers? Or will a late model 5.0 H pipe work on a 65 convert?

Thanks for the help...

Jim.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the headers on ebay... I posted the link on here a while back since people were interested. But, I just checked... and I don't see them listed anymore. I'll look back through my emails and see if I can find out who sold them... I'm pretty sure it was a mustang dealer.

In general, if someone adds shorty headers to a 5.0 or 289 block, will the standard H-pipe usually work or do you have to have a custome H pipe made?

I would just get a custom one made. Unless the headers were made specifically for a '65/'66 Mustang, they probably won't align with a stock mid-pipe.

I plan on just having my whole exhaust custom made from the headers back. I just need to find a set of headers for GT40P heads in a classic Mustang.

I bought the headers on ebay... I posted the link on here a while back since people were interested. But, I just checked... and I don't see them listed anymore. I'll look back through my emails and see if I can find out who sold them... I'm pretty sure it was a mustang dealer.

In general, if someone adds shorty headers to a 5.0 or 289 block, will the standard H-pipe usually work or do you have to have a custome H pipe made?

An exhaust shop could modify the stock mid-pipe to work but if you are running the motor in a classic why would you use a Fox H pipe ? Its got cats in it...