H-pipe question for new exhaust sys

• Sponsors (?)

xoxbxfx said:
$50?? Thats cheap. Local shops by me want $100 for a custom H pipe from 2" pipe or $175 for an x

You need to find a better shop.

I ahd 3 inch aluminzed pipe from the headers back into two 2 chamber flow master deltas then stepped down to 2.5 inch pipe custom bent over the rear axle and exited through the rear valvence GT location with a custom x pipe made out of the 3 inch pipes for $400....and it took 2 days, and I got everything from the shop.

If all you want is to add a crossover pipe, my local exhaust shop charged $50 to add a 2 1/4" crossover on my brother's vette. I wouldn't pay much more if I were you, or find a new shop.

dodgestang said:
You need to find a better shop.

I ahd 3 inch aluminzed pipe from the headers back into two 2 chamber flow master deltas then stepped down to 2.5 inch pipe custom bent over the rear axle and exited through the rear valvence GT location with a custom x pipe made out of the 3 inch pipes for $400....and it took 2 days, and I got everything from the shop.

I paid $300 for my 3" with custom X dumped before the rear.... the place is sorta expensive but some of teh best service, welding, and cleanest shop I have ever seen :shrug:

I called a shop a good friend recommended and yup $50-$75 bucks for 2 1/2". I thought it would be much more when the Mustang co's sell them for much more. Thanks for the advice.

One more question though. Does it matter how long the connector is between the two down pipes? Sound? I want people to know it is there but not to get the neighborhood watch after me. Does and H or X pipe sound louder. I want a real deep note but not something that is going to kill me when we drive across the country in the spring. I do have a convertable...

68converted said:
I called a shop a good friend recommended and yup $50-$75 bucks for 2 1/2". I thought it would be much more when the Mustang co's sell them for much more. Thanks for the advice.

One more question though. Does it matter how long the connector is between the two down pipes? Sound? I want people to know it is there but not to get the neighborhood watch after me. Does and H or X pipe sound louder. I want a real deep note but not something that is going to kill me when we drive across the country in the spring. I do have a convertable...

H or X its almost all the same...its going to depend on what mufflers you put behind them. I have an x with some 2 chamber flows and its loud. I have the same setup on my 03GT and its amost obnoxious (sp?) loud, I wake up my neighbors at 3 in the morning if I dont idle through the neighborhood. I suggest some delta flow flowmasters and an X pipe personally but tahts my opinion.