H-Pipe without Cats Illegal?

teenv6

Feb 5, 2003
RAFB, GA
As you can see in my other thread that I have, I am interested in ordering a set of headers and H-Pipe to complete my exhaust system. I was looking into ordering the H-Pipe without cats, but I noticed in small print that without the cats they are not emissions legal.

Would this be a bad buy if I want to keep my car legal and I want to pass emissions? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, depends on where you live and what emmissions that you have to pass. In georgia, I am supposed to have them, but with an OR pipe with MIL eliminators I can still pass emmissions. It is all in what Your states does to "PASS" your vehicle.

Just realized where you are at! What county are you in and yes, you can pass emissions with an OR pipe. Also, I can get that pipe for you just hit me off list for information!

Travis

teenv6 said:
What are the sound differences with the h-pipe with the cats and the one without the cats?
no cats= much louder, but not everyone says that OR hpipes or straight pipes give the best sound(its just really loud). the OR pipes will give you more power since there are no cats to restrict flow. as for why you might not get one w/ cats is because they r usually twice as expensive. i cant have no cats here in MD but my friend has an 83 el camino and his dad is gonna let him get historical tags which allow him to legally drive he car w/o passing emmisions since his car is a certain #of years old and it is discontinued.

FunkMasterFlex said:
no cats= much louder, but not everyone says that OR hpipes or straight pipes give the best sound(its just really loud). the OR pipes will give you more power since there are no cats to restrict flow. as for why you might not get one w/ cats is because they r usually twice as expensive. i cant have no cats here in MD but my friend has an 83 el camino and his dad is gonna let him get historical tags which allow him to legally drive he car w/o passing emmisions since his car is a certain #of years old and it is discontinued.

Really loud like a v8? Or really loud like annoying loud.