ha check out these new times!

• Sponsors (?)

Blk91stang said:
I spray a 150 shot on a Edelbrock RPM dual plane intake. Gets the job done quite nicely! Why are you so afraid?
I think he is so afraid because they do not provide as equal of a distribution and n20/fuel atomoization as a single plain, thats why most kits are geared so where the jetting is pig rich! I honestly have no clue why people are so afraid of the squeeze, i guess all those fast and the furious movies are getting to everyone. . . doesnt matter the dual plane is being replaced by a victor jr

Just a small note:

This thread is not Tech. It does not ask a technical question or give any "how to" technical information.

Not, at least, until Bluevenom became involved in the thread and technical issues were discussed.

Just a friendly reminder to thread starters... please be mindful of your thread content prior to posting in technical section.

I find that an easy way to determine if the thread is technical is to ask yourself the question:

"What technical topic would another user search for that my thread has answers to?"

You can also refer to the sticky at the top of this forum for more guidance. Our tech section should contain "MEAT"!

/soapboxoff

--Daggs

Edit: Other posters in this thread should try and limit replies to those that are technical in nature as well. We can joke around in the Talk forum. :)

Daggar said:
Just a small note:

This thread is not Tech. It does not ask a technical question or give any "how to" technical information.

Not, at least, until Bluevenom became involved in the thread and technical issues were discussed.

Just a friendly reminder to thread starters... please be mindful of your thread content prior to posting in technical section.

I find that an easy way to determine if the thread is technical is to ask yourself the question:

"What technical topic would another user search for that my thread has answers to?"

You can also refer to the sticky at the top of this forum for more guidance. Our tech section should contain "MEAT"!

/soapboxoff

--Daggs

Edit: Other posters in this thread should try and limit replies to those that are technical in nature as well. We can joke around in the Talk forum. :)
WOW i guess after 2,253 posts i need you to give me a lecture on whats tech and whats not. . . . this thread has contributed to tech and has been well participated in! But thank you ever so much with the continous warnings you heed:nice:

Modular2v said:
hmmmmm do you think i set of victor jrs heads would really be worth the money though?
Does not directly pertain to tech but i was asking if it would be wise power to dollar comparison but there is not an economic section i could put this in!

Modular2v said:
Does not directly pertain to tech but i was asking if it would be wise power to dollar comparison but there is not an economic section i could put this in!

This is why there is a Talk section. Your post count doesn't matter. You are also quite welcome. If you prefer, I can move it to the talk section and you can discuss what you like.

2v,how high are you winding the motor now?

Edit:Oh,and Daggar....maybe we could get a general nitrious tech and myth's sticky? I dont check the power add forums,but if there isnt one I think it would be better here,or at least put there and a stickyed link provided here.

my post count may not matter but i have been here since 1998(i know the join date says 2002 but its wrong, i was under another screen name) so that has to count for something. You are the mod Dagger, you do what you feel is in best interest of the site:SNSign: But back on track. . . . Whats scary about this whole thing is that im running 11.1xs without a rollcage:rolleyes: so i get to add 80lbs of bars to the car this winter :bang: do you think the 80lb weight penalty can be offset by the way its going to stiffen the chassis?

bluevenom867 said:
2v,how high are you winding the motor now?

Edit:Oh,and Daggar....maybe we could get a general nitrious tech and myth's sticky? I dont check the power add forums,but if there isnt one I think it would be better here,or at least put there and a stickyed link provided here.
GREAT IDEA!!!! Im only winding the motor to 6200rpm because of the valve springs that are on it :nonono: I just ordered new valvesprings today though

Modular2v said:
my post count may not matter but i have been here since 1998(i know the join date says 2002 but its wrong, i was under another screen name) so that has to count for something. You are the mod Dagger, you do what you feel is in best interest of the site:SNSign: But back on track. . . . Whats scary about this whole thing is that im running 11.1xs without a rollcage:rolleyes: so i get to add 80lbs of bars to the car this winter :bang: do you think the 80lb weight penalty can be offset by the way its going to stiffen the chassis?

It will probably hurt more than it will help :( ,but dont worry,safety is prefered.Plus,there are other ways to get more power you already got to the wheels. For instance,if you got rubber/poly motor mounts,that can actualy get you 1-2hp at the wheels from reduced engine movement (torquing over). Edit: I meant switching to solid mounts,sorry.

Hows it launch? Hows it go down the track? Does it feel like it runs out of power anywere?

bluevenom867 said:
It will probably hurt more than it will help :( ,but dont worry,safety is prefered.Plus,there are other ways to get more power you already got to the wheels. For instance,if you got rubber/poly motor mounts,that can actualy get you 1-2hp at the wheels from reduced engine movement (torquing over).

Hows it launch? Hows it go down the track? Does it feel like it runs out of power anywere?
honestly when its on the bottle it feels like the car would just keep pulling forever! It does not run out of power anywhere! But when i run it all motor you can tell its wanting to valve float around 6300rpm. I have poly mounts, but i think im going to work on the front suspension next, tubular k member and such......im knocking about 150lbs off the car this winter to try to make up for the cage! I still have the stock heavy ass hood! car launches ok. . . the battery was still up front but is getting moved to the back, the car pulled the wheels a little on the last run it made

Modular2v said:
GREAT IDEA!!!! Im only winding the motor to 6200rpm because of the valve springs that are on it :nonono: I just ordered new valvesprings today though

It is,especialy seens I just checked and they dont got one like it :D

Thats gunna be noticable if they were worn out.Controling valves and harmonics better can show alot of hp,and also lighter parts help too (titanium retainers :nice: ).

When you get the Jr....you might be able to shift another 100-200rpm's.Also,whats your oil pressure,and what kinda crank evac. are you runing?

Modular2v said:
honestly when its on the bottle it feels like the car would just keep pulling forever! It does not run out of power anywhere! But when i run it all motor you can tell its wanting to valve float around 6300rpm. I have poly mounts, but i think im going to work on the front suspension next, tubular k member and such......im knocking about 150lbs off the car this winter to try to make up for the cage! I still have the stock heavy ass hood! car launches ok. . . the battery was still up front but is getting moved to the back, the car pulled the wheels a little on the last run it made

Lol,oh man your gunna pick up some then when you change that out.Just be carefull,and dont go with to light of a spring,your struts are probably alright,but if you go coil over use a 175lbs 14" at most,maybe even a 200lbs 12". That and the batter in the back,you'll have to be careful about flipping it over when you drop the clutch,LOL. :lol: :nice:

oil pressure is 55-60lbs when cold and 20 -25lbs when hot at idle. . . I havent hooked it up yet but the crank evac is going to be just breathers with tubes leading down to header collectors (where you would normally find o2 sensors)

bluevenom867 said:
Lol,oh man your gunna pick up some then when you change that out.Just be carefull,and dont go with to light of a spring,your struts are probably alright,but if you go coil over use a 175lbs 14" at most,maybe even a 200lbs 12". That and the batter in the back,you'll have to be careful about flipping it over when you drop the clutch,LOL. :lol: :nice:
So you think a tubular K memeber is defenitly worth the investment? So i should go with the 175lb rated coil overs?. . . . i really hope you are right about the flipping it over part I LOVE YANKIN THE WHEELS:rlaugh:

Modular2v said:
oil pressure is 55-60lbs when cold and 20 -25lbs when hot at idle. . . I havent hooked it up yet but the crank evac is going to be just breathers with tubes leading down to header collectors (where you would normally find o2 sensors)

Alright,you runing the hyd. roller,lemme tell you something.....

The crank evac. makes a NOTICABLE differance with lifter pump-up.We used a vacuum pump in our case,but over dual breathers,the motor was just all around better sounding and more responsive,and that was with only 1 shim in the regulator! It used to have a little vavletrain noise/lifters would tick a little,added the vacuum pump,quited right down.Its the air in the oil...now we werent runing a windage tray (at high rpm,I dont want ANY restriction to the oil getting to the pan) so if we were in might have not be as noticable,but when you get thous hooked up (and make sure you get them in at the proper angle,to pull the msot vacuum) you'll probably notice a differance too. :)

Oh,and I known this is a little crazy,but check your preload now and then on the rockers.If you feel one or two is a little looser,thous lifter might be bleeding down faster and need a differant adjustment than the others.

Modular2v said:
So you think a tubular K memeber is defenitly worth the investment? So i should go with the 175lb rated coil overs?. . . . i really hope you are right about the flipping it over part I LOVE YANKIN THE WHEELS:rlaugh:

Yea,it is. You love the extra room too.

175lbs 14" is a good rate spring,if you want to yank wheels (but not go forward,thats why you only what as much of a wheel stand as you need your expending the motor hp just raising the noise).....150/130lbs 14".

bluevenom867 said:
Alright,you runing the hyd. roller,lemme tell you something.....

The crank evac. makes a NOTICABLE differance with lifter pump-up.We used a vacuum pump in our case,but over dual breathers,the motor was just all around better sounding and more responsive,and that was with only 1 shim in the regulator! It used to have a little vavletrain noise/lifters would tick a little,added the vacuum pump,quited right down.Its the air in the oil...now we werent runing a windage tray (at high rpm,I dont want ANY restriction to the oil getting to the pan) so if we were in might have not be as noticable,but when you get thous hooked up (and make sure you get them in at the proper angle,to pull the msot vacuum) you'll probably notice a differance too. :)

Oh,and I known this is a little crazy,but check your preload now and then on the rockers.If you feel one or two is a little looser,thous lifter might be bleeding down faster and need a differant adjustment than the others.
WOW, thanks for all the help:nice: That is very interesting about the pump quiteing down the valvetrain! Ill be sure to hook them up when the motor goes back in the car, I dont think you are crazy at all for the recommendation for the lifters! I check them more than my buddy with a solid roller cam checks his! And i know exactly what you are talking about when you say some of the rockers want more adjustment than the others, i have 2 of the little bastards that seem to be fickle on their adjustments!