HACK JOB has a story to tell!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The dash wasn't bad...now that it's done...hehe. I spent 10 hours cutting, trimming, fitting, and swearing. IF I had to do it again, I could do it all in about 2 hours or less. It's only because I know exactly where to cut and modify. Have a die grinder, hand trimmers, markers, tape measure, have the windshield out..it helps for the first time. I wouldn't need it out the second time. I had my doors off too, which was a huge help for install and removal. Have some scrap metal parts laying around too, because you need to make some brackets to hang it on the passenger side.

Anyway....Didn't get to the track today. Woke up this morning with a damn eye infection, so off to the eye doctor I went. I got some drops, and I'm getting better, but no contacts for a week, and my eyes hurt a little. After the doctor, me and my friend took his Lightning out and about 15 minutes into driving it DOWN POURED like no other. Then my girlfriend called and was like it's HAILING quarter size hail at home!! OMG!!! Thundering, storming and wind kept us from a good afternoon, so we escaped the hail and got the L in his garage. Then I just hung out for a few hours and went home, took a nap, and here I am.

No track times this weekend. Eyes, weather put a dampner on the weekend. Next weekend might have good weather, we will see.

Thanks man. I woke up this morning at about 10, washed them out, put the drops in, I think they are getting better.

The good news is, I back all three cars outta the garage, swept all the dust and helicopters out and rearranged the Cobra and my black notch. Since I'm not driving the Cobra right now, I put that on the left side of the garage because that's the side that's hard to get a car out of. I have 3 cars in a 2-1/2 car garage. It's tight, but it works.

FYI: If your garage is 22ft wide, you can get three cars in it, but only if you don't have much else in there. I'll snap a pic when I get it back arranged.

Here they are. 2-1/2 pony stable, 3 horses.

DSC04705.jpg

Even my little nephew likes Hack Job.

He scratched is head figuring out how to shift.

View attachment 313469

Once he hit 100MPH, he wanted out! Back in his power wheels he went.

DSC04726.jpg

Nice work! :rlaugh: Looks like the SN95 needs alot of care when backing in there.

Did I read in another thread that you're thinking about selling the black notch. If you do, you'll have plenty of room for work bench, tools, couch, tv, ect. :nice:

Great pics of the nephew BTW.

Nice work! :rlaugh: Looks like the SN95 needs alot of care when backing in there.

Did I read in another thread that you're thinking about selling the black notch. If you do, you'll have plenty of room for work bench, tools, couch, tv, ect. :nice:

Great pics of the nephew BTW.

Yes the SN95 takes some time to back in there. I had the black notch on that side for a while, but I don't drive the Cobra, so I figured put that on the tough side, and put the black notch on the easier side.

Yes, :( unfortunately I might be selling the black notch. The main reason is, I can't drive all three. Second reason, insurance is expensive for 5 vehicles. Third, gas is expensive for 3 Mustangs, even though you might only fill them once every two weeks or once a month. Fourth reason, it's just not practical. As you said, it will be nice as hell to have a work bench, TV, a high top table with two bar stools and drywall. The drywall and paint is the next step in the garage.

The nephew is great. He is 1 year 4 months. When I took him out of the car so we could eat, he started crying and pointing to the car. As soon as I put him back in there we smiled. I knew he was faking it. :D We just left him in there while we ate. (under a watchful eye of course) His Dad was worried he was gonna break the turn signal arm, but I was like don't worry about it, I prolly have 10 at the yard. :D

Is that the hood latch dangling there?

Under the dash? Yes. That's one of 3 things I have not completed yet. I just have to mount the release to the bracket under the dash, then put the trim plate on that goes under the column. Like I said, I got lazy....:D

Under the front bumper? That is the 2001 GT foglight plug. I gotta zip tie that to the headlight harness. It's funny because the other day, I sold the fog light switch outta my dash to a customer at work for 25 bucks. He's like....Did you just pull that outta your own car? I go...Yes. He's like, man you have good service here. I then installed the dummy plug that goes in to V6 cars.

The nephew is great. He is 1 year 4 months. When I took him out of the car so we could eat, he started crying and pointing to the car. As soon as I put him back in there we smiled. I knew he was faking it. :D We just left him in there while we ate. (under a watchful eye of course) His Dad was worried he was gonna break the turn signal arm, but I was like don't worry about it, I prolly have 10 at the yard. :D

Awesome! Sounds like you've already got him hooked. :nice:

Make sure to leave room for a fridge...fully stocked. :D

Awesome! Sounds like you've already got him hooked. :nice:

Make sure to leave room for a fridge...fully stocked. :D

Oh yeah, he's hooked...his Dad has a 97 Cobra, black with tan interior...he loves that car too!!

I had a full size fridge up and running, till Hack Job came in. I bought it at a garage sale for 25 bucks. I brought it to work and sold it for 50. :rolleyes: I always love doing that. I even sold my old leaf blower here for 25. Gotta love the office in a junkyard.

There will be another fridge in there, once one car is sold. (God I hate saying that!!):D