Had A Problem. Now I’m Rushed

attachFull592759 Hello. This is going to be long but please give me some proven advice. Very appreci

• Do as you say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nate Dawgg

Oct 26, 2017
Mocksville
2A7B3571-B99C-4CE7-A9D0-2AF65E10DACB.jpeg
Hello. This is going to be long but please give me some proven advice. Very appreciated. I bought an extra set of SOHC heads for my 03 gt 4.6 convertible. I had planned on a professional port and polish job but I just had a spark plug pop out. I tried tapping and using a heli coil. Worked great for 2 years so I haven’t been a rush. Blew it again and I can’t get the plug out. It will wobble but nothing I’ve tried can get it out. So now I’m guessing my only option is to hurry and get the spare heads put in. My lil bro is a great mechanic who thinks we can lightly port and polish ourself then send heads in to be cleaned and have my new parts put in. Stage 2 comp cams valve springs and retainers and have the heads tested. I also have edelbrock manifold and fuel rail a programmer 35 lb injectors and I’m debating 373/410. It is a daily driver but I’ll sacrifice gas for power I already have CAI, 78mm bbk throttlebody and 40 flowmasters w xpipe and no cats. I have to be very quick about this and as much as I hate to say it try to save where possible. But I won’t sacrifice doing all this just to have 2 big paper weight. PLEASE HELP A SINGLE DAD OUT.
THANKS GUYS. FIRST POST BUT IVE LEARNED A TON FROM OTHER POSTS.

• Sponsors (?)

Take the spare heads to a machine shop and have everything checked out (springs, valves, seals, mating surfaces, etc.). Have them fix only the things that are wrong and install them.

You need reliability at the moment and not some hand port job. Screw around with that when you have the time and money and a set of expendable heads.

Unless that spark plug hole is buggered to hell and back, it can be repaired with one of these:

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-TX65000/2v-spark-plug-hole-repair-kit-96-04

Reactions: 1 users