Had someone ELSE drive my car last night.

Caldwell

Apr 27, 2004
Ontario Canada
So last night, my buddy and I were toolin around the neighbourhood causing trouble and making some noise... when I threw him the keys... Now I have NEVER seen my car in motion without me being behind the wheel, so I really didn't know what it looked like when I passed someone, or reved by their window... It was pretty ****in cool man!

I tossed my buddy the keys (been friends with this guy for over a decade, just so you know I don't toss them to bums on the street) and sure enough we went through all the steps.
- Driving around town normally, me behind him, him behind me.
- Him passing me
- Him reving it up at a stop light
and of course
- Him giving it tits.

Has anyone else had someone rip around your car for you to see?
I can say this for sure, my car sounds a lot cooler than I thought it did, a little quieter than I thought... but... I LOVE IT, it looks so friggin mean, it took me almost 2 years to get someone else to do it, but i must say it was worth it.

I also know what I have to fix too!...
stupid brakes are squeekin... :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Man I wish I had a friend to rip it up in my car while I was watching. Most of them are afraid to give it gas, I dunno why.

But one time when I was over my girlfriend's house, I let my friend drive it down the street. OMG IT WAS LOUD AS HELL. I was like :jaw: that's my car!? lol, he wasn't even giving it gas and my gf's mom comes out and says "what's making all that rucus, this is a quiet neighborhood, people will complain."

But yeah, I want someone to do a flyby while I'm in my mom's civic.

LOL
that was exactly what my buddy and I were saying last night, was when he was bootin around in my car, he laughed and said that he'd be good to it, but if something had ever exploded, he'd be right there helping me fix the car till it was done.

I really suggest you get in your mom's civic dude lol
or at least a vid of you driving around in it, i suppose would have the same effect, but really... i loved seeing my car in motion. I even made my buddy put up the windows so I couldn't see him, and could then visualize myself being the one behind the wheel :rlaugh:

so cool.

yea man i let my best friend of like 10 years drive it up and down the driveway one time cause #1 he didnt have a lisence and it was my car and i didnt want it taken away or something, and #2 i was refreshing his memory on how to drive a stick.....he was real good, but stalled a few times...happens to the best of us......i dont even let my mom drive it too often, my dad drives it occasionally.....after my accident tho i think twice about letting someone drive it, but i will admit it sounds BADASS when my dad ripped on it holy **** its loud..... :hail2:

i've always wondered what mine sounded like just driving around. 1 time i let my buddy drive it in a big parking lot and i just stood and watched, never realized how badass it looked just rolling around, i was quite happy. but i wasnt happy how quiet it was, so i got a o/r hpipe :)

I let my dad drive mine around the parking lot right after I got it running. It's definitely badass! :) I'll have to let one of my friends drive and actually get on it sometime when I get it back on the road. I really want to hear how this thing sounds at WOT from outside the car.

I had my brother drive mine around the block after we intalld the O/R h-pipe. I could hear him ripping down a road thats alittle less than a 1/4 mile from our house all the way through 3rd. It kinda freaked me out but man it sounded crazy!

Yeah i have had my buddy jim and my friend pat drive it infront of me both have been my friends for a VERY long time. I ****in love it man. My car sounds like 10x more burly from the outside than when i am in it. Its like listening to it through ear plugs inside, when ur outside its like a whole different sounds. Looks good and the cam lope at stop lights is just SINISTER.

SeventyMach1 said:
Caldwell, didn't your mom drive it when you were on vacation or something?

yeah but I was in the back seat
i didn't get the whole "i'm an average daily driver" experience
it sounds the same in the car regardless of where you sit.

i wanted to experience what my car looks like on the road from another driver's point of view, from all angles and all speeds.

it was a blast man, i loved it :)
i suggest everyone get their good friend to help them experience it also. :nice:

I let my best friend drive my car around town all the time and he will let me drive his 95 GT.He's Lazer5.0 on here, we go on crusies around our area on sundays.

He has flowmaster exhaust and I have mac, they sound totally differnt than one another.Mine is louder with a deeper tone and his is loud but sounds more raspy.Its fun to drive another mustang and watch yours being driven at the sametime.

I had my dad drive mine around while I followed/led him. I was amazed I own something that badass. For a big finale, I parked by the side of the road and watched as my dad did a nice holeshot then flew by doin about 60 on this back road near my house....WOW...

I trust him cuz he has owned a few cars which were as fast or faster than mine such as a 69 Camaro Z28, 74 GTO (NOT stock at all), and a 71 Chevelle SS 396.

Other than my dad, noone has driven my car on a public road except for one friend. I let one guy drive it in the work parking lot, and another friend get a feel for a manual in it, but other then that, thats it. My friend drove my car only about 2 miles anyway, he has a good idea on driving a stick, but he hasn't had the seat time to really get good at it. So I've been letting him drive it a bit. He hasnt really laid in it though. Just floored it in 3rd from about 45-65/70ish.

Me and my friends all drive each other's cars. Its cool to see your car driving around in front of you and listening to it etc. Plus its not like im hopping in my friend's taurus lol. My closest friends have 944 turboes, corrado s/c's, S2000's, etc.