Haggerty’s 64-15 Mustang pricing

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Haggerty released their latest collector pricing guide. Got it in an email today since I am a member

Not sure I agree with their Fox pricing assessments however I agree with their assessments that Fox bodies are going up, and classics are dropping

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Dig into their pricing. They value GT hatchbacks over LX coupes. Doesn’t seem reflective of true market pricing where clean coupes are bringing in top dollar.

Also, they value convertibles more than hardtops. Looks like they are just basing off a percent of MSRP

Dig into their pricing. They value GT hatchbacks over LX coupes. Doesn’t seem reflective of true market pricing where clean coupes are bringing in top dollar.

Also, they value convertibles more than hardtops. Looks like they are just basing off a percent of MSRP

I think you might be basing your assumptions off what the performance enthusiast looks for, and not the general public.

Kurt

On the other hand, they get the Mustang II exactly right. The Ghias are the least desirable now, in spite of the fact they were a pricey upgrade over the the base option in the 70s.

Thanks to MM&FF etc. early Fox magazine coverage, I just do not see many LX coupes, especially not beat ones. Thanks to the Cobra and the style of the newer ones, the body style has not stayed as contemporary to the newer crowd. I think the company spends a lot of time tracking actual sales. All the more reason to enjoy driving the trunk body style.

Last edited:
I get the 'drivers' magazine and I even went to one of the 'cars and coffee' meets once. All FJ's and foreign cars 'cept a few vettes. The owners seemed smug to me, most of the stuff they talk about are foreign and GM stuff and the occasional cobra mustang, I do like most of the stuff and it's about the only printed magazine anymore, the value charts they post are kinda interesting.

Looking at that guide, I seem to have my Cobra II underinsured.... :chinThanks for posting!
With prices going up on them, I'd insure it for at least 50% more than you have tied up in it on an "agreed value" policy. Replacing it is going to cost more than the first time around due to inflation and the market price increases.

Reactions: 1 user
When I was shopping for my fox, I looked at three cars (two GTs, one LX) in similar condition to the fox I ended up buying and my bank/insurance company valued the cars at significantly more than the advertised prices (all private sellers). Significantly meaning...they would have financed me for something like $14k for cars that I was trying to buy for less than $6k.

This is a random thought not based in anything significant but I wonder if values on convertibles are impacted by the shutdown...like maybe people tired of being cooped up inside for months would be more inclined to buy a convertible to enjoy the “outside” experience of driving more.

Reactions: 1 users
This is a random thought not based in anything significant but I wonder if values on convertibles are impacted by the shutdown...like maybe people tired of being cooped up inside for months would be more inclined to buy a convertible to enjoy the “outside” experience of driving more.

I haven't noticed this at all. I've been sorta-kinda looking half-heartedly for a 2nd Mustang as a cruiser, and have always wanted a convertible. I wouldn't mind an Automatic as well. As such, i browse the classified every day (CL and FB marketplace and the forums) and notice the convertibles tend to sit and be cheaper priced (especially if automatic). Of course, this could be regional as i live in an area where convertible use is limited to our short summers.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't noticed this at all. I've been sorta-kinda looking half-heartedly for a 2nd Mustang as a cruiser, and have always wanted a convertible. I wouldn't mind an Automatic as well. As such, i browse the classified every day (CL and FB marketplace and the forums) and notice the convertibles tend to sit and be cheaper priced (especially if automatic). Of course, this could be regional as i live in an area where convertible use is limited to our short summers.
Like I said...not based on anything of significance. I haven’t really looked at verts on the market in my area. Just a random thought.

Nice to see my 98 gt valued also... Hagerty insures it, I valued it roughly at $5500... Right around where they list it... View attachment 654881 View attachment 654881
20200614_093016.jpg

This reminds me again to raise my agreed value policy. I know I could never build what I have for 15.5K, I have did a ton of updates since that policy was written 10 years ago.

ill likely update mine again once I finish my latest build. I’ll have to value it somewhat around what it cost me to build without getting too crazy. I’m not sure if there is a price point where Haggerty needs an appraisal however.

Check out Four Eyed Foxbody Lover’s on FB. I see Fox convertibles on there regularly.

I would be surprised if there was a sudden massive sea change in what Fox Bodies are desirable. With the exception of Cobra's, the Notch still seems to reign supreme in desirability.

GT to LX is mostly a wash, it is really just preference.