Hand brake issue

Hello. I changed my front brake cable that goes from my handbrake to the rear brake cables. Now I’ve noticed the secondary gear teeth are facing down, so I spun them back up and put a pin to hold it in place, so it won’t spin back down due to the spring. What could be the issue? I haven’t attached the rear brake cables to the collector under the car yet.

Attachments

• 950504E0-C58A-4B9E-ACD1-F1D79FB25AED.jpeg
    950504E0-C58A-4B9E-ACD1-F1D79FB25AED.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 27E13E5D-08EC-4F1E-80A8-E4BB526A5871.jpeg
    27E13E5D-08EC-4F1E-80A8-E4BB526A5871.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 106
  • Sponsors (?)

I am not sure what issue you are referring to. Put the cable back on, pull it to put tension on the spring, re-attach to e-brake cables. Am I missing something?

I will put the front hand brake cable on, and then connect the cables going to my rear drums and see if that will give the tension to bring the teeth around so I can adjust it. I will let you know how it goes, thanks

Hi, did you ever find out what the issue was? I think I'm having similar issues
Hi, it was a while ago but if I remember correctly I needed to spin the tension spring around to engage the handbrake and then brought the teeth up midway to engage with the handle. Then I adjusted the brakes in the back until the drum brakes were slightly causing a drag on rear wheels.

Hi, it was a while ago but if I remember correctly I needed to spin the tension spring around to engage the handbrake and then brought the teeth up midway to engage with the handle. Then I adjusted the brakes in the back until the drum brakes were slightly causing a drag on rear wheels.
Thanks!! How did you spin the tension spring around?
To remove the e brake cable from the handbrake, I know I have to have someone pull the cable rearwards so I can stick a pin in the hole on the handbrake to keep the tension in the springs. Is this something you had to do as well? Or maybe the problem with your handbrake was the tension was already non-existent, so there was no need to pull the e brake cable back to keep the tension in the handbrake?
My only concern is I won't be able to spin the tension spring with the pin inserted in the handbrake.
Sorry if this is long and confusing question

Thanks!! How did you spin the tension spring around?
To remove the e brake cable from the handbrake, I know I have to have someone pull the cable rearwards so I can stick a pin in the hole on the handbrake to keep the tension in the springs. Is this something you had to do as well? Or maybe the problem with your handbrake was the tension was already non-existent, so there was no need to pull the e brake cable back to keep the tension in the handbrake?
My only concern is I won't be able to spin the tension spring with the pin inserted in the handbrake.
Sorry if this is long and confusing question
Nevermind, I fixed it!
Turns out I installed the e brake cable to the handbrake retainer improperly.
Thanks anyways!