Handz Detailed: 2006 Porsche 911 Black *OMFGSWIRLS* + LC Hydro-Tech Pad Demo!!!!

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
This is a Tale of Sadness, Frustration and Success all in the span of a 36 hours. Read more to hear this tale!!!

So Autogeek.net Picked me to Demo some new 6.5 inch Hydro-Tech pads from Lake Country. These are brand new and just popped on the market. They sent me a Cyan Cutting pad and a Tangerine Polishing Pad.

At first i looked at these pads and said "***!?!?! These pads are WAY too stiff"..... Yes, they are hard and stiff pads but finish UNBELIEVABLE. they both finish amazingly clear and perfect, They also use less Polish because the foam is designed to work with water based products!!! Even on this Soft Porsche Clearcoat, that pads finished AMAZING!!!

THANKS AUTOGEEK.NET FOR CHOOSING ME TO DEMO YOUR NEW PRODUCTS!!!!

View attachment 244039

Here is the Tangerine Pad next a CCS Orange Cutting pad....see the different in color?

View attachment 244040

The owner contacted me Via Local car forum for a detail job. He stated that the car was a 2006 Porsche 911 with on 17K miles on the clock. He had stated that the car had visible swirl marks while in the sun. The owner had just bought the car a few weeks before (Used) from a Porsche dealer in So Cal.

I Told the owner i would need to see the car to give a quote because paint correction is impossible to quote via phone. Because the owner lives in West LA and I live in Orange County it made it difficult for the owner to swing by so i could do a Inspection. Because of this, i told the owner that i would write up a work order and we will finalize thing saturday morning for drop off and sunday evening for pickup.... It only has 17K on the clock and was bought from a dealer... whats the worst it could be right?

So the car arrived. and i looked at the swirls and they looked kinda bad..... But i new deep inside that there was filler covering MASS amounts of damage....

Wheels:
- CG Jetseal 109
- Mequires Deep Crystal
- Eagle 1 Tire Shine
- Adam's Invisible Undercarriage

Underhood:
- Simple Green
- SmartWax NuShine

Interior:
- Scotch Guard
- 1Z Cockpit Premium
- Invisible Glass
- Gummi Pflege Stift 'Rubber Care Stick'
- Xymol TREAT Leather Conditioner

Wash:
- Adam's Shampoo (For Wheels)
- CG Citrus Wash+Gloss
- Natural Sea Sponge

Clay:
- CG Medium Claybar
- CG Luber

Paint Correction:
- Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 w/ LC Hydro Tech Cyan Pad
- Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 w/ LC Hydro Tech Tangerine Pad
- CG DEEP REFLECTIONS XP- 1 By Hand

Protection:
- Meguires Synthetic Sealant
- CG Pete's 53' applied Hand (2 Coats)

Plastic Trim
- 303 Aerospace Protectant
- SmartWax NuShine
- Gummi Pflege Stift 'Rubber Care Stick'

Here is the car when it Arrived

IMG_1890Small.jpg

IMG_1878Small.jpg

Baked On Brake Dust I had to clay to remove this.... :(

IMG_1908Small.jpg

So I washed the car and clayed it as usual........

IMG_1932Small.jpg

IMG_1910Small.jpg

IMG_1915Small.jpg

This is when i realized I had a WAY bigger job ahead of me than i thought..... How did all these swirls appear on a 17K mile car!?!?!?!

IMG_1887Small.jpg

IMG_1896Small.jpg

IMG_1918Small.jpg

IMG_1920Small.jpg

.... At this point i cried a little bit for a few reasons....

The main reason being that this Job need WAY more time. If i would have been able to see the car in person, i would have told the owner that this was a 3-4 day job instead of a 2 day job..... I knew right then, that it was going to be a long weekend. By the time the wheels were fixed and the underhood and car was clean it was already the afternoon. So i too my lunch break and went to go by 16 cans of Red-Bull. I knew if i busted my *** and didnt sleep that i could get it done. I really wanted to get cool pics of this car but i knew i had to put the camera down and concentrate.

The next 24 hours were kinda a blur. It consisted of a can of red-bull every hour, LOTS of buffer time, and Power naps here & There.

After pulling it into the garage....here is what happened.....

IMG_1941Small.jpg

This was my test Panel....After 6-7 different pad & product combos i settled on Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 + LC Hydro-Tech Tangerine Pad & Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 + LC Hydro-Tech Cyan Pad.

Here is with 1 pass for test of WG TSR 3.0.....i knew by first glance that this was the combo was the winner.

IMG_1943Small.jpg

IMG_1950Small.jpg

That Destroyed Rear Quarter Panel.....

IMG_1946Small.jpg

IMG_1947Small.jpg

The Driver door (Hardest Part of the Car)

IMG_1965Small.jpg

Also removed the Badge for the owner..... Damn soft porsche clear even scratches with a clean new MF towel....

IMG_1953Small.jpg

IMG_1955Small.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Damn! That was swirled pretty bad, and came out looking awesome!

I wish you lived closer, I have swirls on my GT, pisses me off every time I have wash and dry it.
I'm afraid to try to get rid of them myself.

Amazing! You are damn good I give you that. You need to steer me in a good direction for my mineral grey GT :) We have a ton of sand on the roads here even in the sumemr time and my underbody and fender wells look horrible and even coming off in some places. Not to mention I am having a hard time giving the engine bay that fresh new look.

Nice work Handz, you should get a domain and setup a website with a showplace for all your jobs and continue to grow your business.

One of the best ways to advertise for low cost IMHO is a ValPack insert. Also, asking people to let you set your cards on their desks in places the public frequents can be very cost effective.

Time to start thinking about getting your own garage to do the work :nice:
Looks awesome man

Thanks man!! I have been thinking about getting my own garage with my buddy that way we can split the rent. He does Window Tinting and Car stereo installs while i do Detailing. Plus if the shop had a lift i could do side mechanic work also. :flag:

Nice work Handz, you should get a domain and setup a website with a showplace for all your jobs and continue to grow your business.

One of the best ways to advertise for low cost IMHO is a ValPack insert. Also, asking people to let you set your cards on their desks in places the public frequents can be very cost effective.

I am currently trying to get a website build. That is the main reason i am trying to do all these high end cars.....because i need pics for this website.

I have been passing out business card alot lately. This friday i am going to spend all day at the exotic car dealerships in the rich part of town to try and get some business. I will be in a suit, with a clean waxed mustang, which a laptop that has all my pics on it. When someone buys a Ferrari, i am gonna be right there to make sure they see all the defects in the paint :rolleyes:

Very nice work... All your work is phenomenal. I've never seen someone clean a car so damn well. Your end results always look like brand new showroom cars. I hope it works for you as a career, cause you're damn talented. Good luck!

I have no future plans to use this as my Career. I have other ventures i am currently working on. Auto detailing is WAY too labor intensive to do everyday. I am beat after i do a car....REALLY beat.

Cool! I need new pads and some new chemicals. I was planning on WG for the chemicals (just basics, a medium swirl and glaze) but instead of the Lake Country I will try these new pads. :nice:

Like I said before, your very talented for detailing cars. It's seem like it's more than just detailing. Guys that can do this kind of work(body) have a real art skill and patience. Keep up the awesome work. Pearl02.

Outstanding. Black definatetely show imperfections very well. Now that I got the daily, I'm going to detail teh shat out of the stang. It's not going to be like one of your jobs, but I'll do what I can. Very good work btw:nice: