Hanging Idle Problem !!! & Throttle Body Question

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
YES THIS IS A BIT LONG BUT PLEASE READ IT AND TRY TO HELP OUT A FELLOW STANGER!!!!

Yes I have the hanging idle problem. When I put in my clutch my RPMS stay there for a long time.

Ok this is what happens. When im driving and I put in my clutch my RPMs acutally dont just hang there they rise like 700rpm, they go back to normal when I put it in the next gear and release the clutch but if I keep my foot on the clutch it stays at that point for a good 10 seconds.

Even if im comming to a red light and when im slowing down then put it in neutral before I come to the stop it goes up to like 1300rpm+ (my car idles at like 900) and it seems to hang like that UNTILL I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP then about a solid 2 seconds after i come to a stop it goes back down to normal. If I dont come to a stop if I just put it in neutral and roll like I said above it sticks for a good 10 seconds.

NOW I got a 70mm TB, heads, e-cam, and the rest of the internals, and some minor bolt ons. IF I close the adjuster screw on the Throttle Body all the way down then it seems to help this problem a bit....BUT WILL I LOSE POWER if I close it all the way? ie. at the track should I open it back up a bit?

Thanks everyone for your time!
:banana:

• Sponsors (?)