Happy Thanksgiving turkey cooking debate

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
So the last year or so has made us pretty thankful for having great folks around. This being a time to have family and friends around, and knowing some folks won't have an opportunity to relax with their people, V and I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Secondly, I know we can talk competitive trash to each other in good natured fun. We all like, or semi-like at times, the Mustang. So lets have some legitimate trash talking.

So here it is.

How's a turkey supposed to be cooked?

Beer/butter injected and infrared fried is the only way! It's like joy and happiness had an edible child!

• Sponsors (?)

The best turkey I remember lately was a smoked and fried one. I’d normally rather have ham, but this was excellent. The danger factor aside, I can see why else turkey fryers are popular.

I've never cooked a turkey myself, though I have had a fried turkey that was injected with Cajun spices and it was delicious. Today it was just my wife and I so I cooked some cornish game hens on the Traeger. They turned out amazing. Maybe next year I'll try a small turkey on it.