HArdest decision in my life.....for now

If you get the vette, you have to look the part: Color your hair light grey (including chest hair), get some tacky sunglasses, find a desperate-to-be-young-again 48-year-old face-lifted wench just out of her 2nd marriage, and cruise with the top down to the Reo Speedwagon show.

... But seriously they are both nice cars, you decide.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah i was given 20k but i have use it wisely to gain all my items and still have extra, so whats the big deal, geuss i shoulda seen the flames coming.....

I am a involved in concret construction, i may become a forman this summer...

LOL by the way im not tryin to pick a fight but i would probably own mootang...I wish i had a pic of myself, im 6'6 230 ill leave my muscle build toyour imagination...

What do you want to build?
Do you want to build a vette or a mustang? I owne a LS1 and a 5.0, I like vettes but just cannot get over the middle aged arrogant A**hole stigma. I really love muscle cars though, so I built a stang and a camaro... its all about what YOU want.

ls1killjoy said:

Forman ( P ) (fôrmn, fr-), Milos. Born 1932.

Czech-born American filmmaker who won an Academy Award for his direction of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) and Amadeus (1984).

I dont think you should be able to be a Foreman if you dont know how to spell it

and i'm 7'2" 300 lbs.... :rolleyes:

95CobraMike said:
Forman ( P ) (fôrmn, fr-), Milos. Born 1932.

Czech-born American filmmaker who won an Academy Award for his direction of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) and Amadeus (1984).

I dont think you should be able to be a Foreman if you dont know how to spell it
:rlaugh:

I looked at both:
Maybe get a insurance quote before you buy!

98 vette vert white/white
PRO: LS1 fast as hell stock or mostly stock
Vette- chick magnet

Con: Crazy insurance
Parts are double+ SBF pushrod v8 parts
Some parts are dealer only: Double+ SBC parts

94 GT vert red/beige
PRO: one owner red vert
Cheap EFI parts

CON:Mild in stock form

I ended up buying the Mustang, then lost my $70k/year job and would have had to sell the vette. The Mustang has been a great car overall and is more practical. Insurance is less than my 95 Tbird and 97 Ranger.

for me, a dad with a wife and 2 kids, a vette is just not practical. i need a car that has more than 2 seats. plus, stangs are easier to work on and cost less all around. and parts for it cost alot less. my stang is my dd.

vettes are MUCH less common than mustangs. and i'm sure the insurance is alot higher.

but vettes are sweet. it i were single and had the $$$, i'd have one.

I thought vette's were normally cheaper on insurance than camaros because mostly older people drive them?

For the money your talking about putting in that stang, you could find a good vette on corvetteforums.com, and make it real nasty real quick. And be a helluva lot better motor for all around performance than a 351 punched and stroked over (ie gas mileage, driveability, etc.) For they money your gonna blow, vette with mods hands down because you'll have plenty left over.

ls1killjoy said:
ok guys i posted this on both this site and corvette forum so i would like a honest opion........

What would you guys rather have a 98 99 C5 corvette stock........Or a 95 mustang with complete built suspension (coilovers, link suspension, New k member and basically everything) A 351 possible stroker, possible twin turbo, Est. 500 + hp.......with nice interior (racing seats, and kick ass audio system) and saleen body kit with new paint job and nice set of 19 inch rims.......

Ive been contemplating this for some time, ive owned many mustangs non of that nature but i love them anyway. my buddy recently got a vette (85 C4) and i started thinking of getting one...thing is they are very expensive to fix, but are easy to make fast, Its just ive been loyal to ford my whole life......

WHAT SHOULD I DO? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Obviously, this is a biased opinion. Go with the STANG!!! Did I hear twin turbo a stroked 351? You will eat that vette for breakfast. This is a easy one for me. Forget the plastic mid life crisis vehicle and get yours self a FORD. (First on Race Day or my fav Fawker Only Rolls Downhill) :D

Go with whatever floats your boat, I love vettes (my dad has 3 of them) and I love my stang. Why do you only want to get a 98 99 vette how about a 97, those can be had for a little cheaper. I really like the C5 bodystyle but I don't know if I would give up a totally modded up 95 for one. Unless it was a Zo6 I would do it in ten seconds flat.

RedStallion43 said:
Go with whatever floats your boat, I love vettes (my dad has 3 of them) and I love my stang. Why do you only want to get a 98 99 vette how about a 97, those can be had for a little cheaper. I really like the C5 bodystyle but I don't know if I would give up a totally modded up 95 for one. Unless it was a Zo6 I would do it in ten seconds flat.

Why give up a modded 95 that will run the 1/4 in ten seconds flat for a low 13 high 12's vette?!? I dunno I'm not impressed with vetts at that price tag might as well buy me a M3 BMW. Ok, so I'm way off on the price tag. Like I said my opinion is biased and I swing towards Fords & Beemers. I stay outta the chevy camp. Seriously though go with what makes you happy.

First off id be buying a vette from a dealer auction....... they have many vettes at this auction which have around 30k on them and are basically new for 18 19 grand......Afr heads and cam on vette and im lookin at 450 rwhp easily and 25 mpg highway............What would gas milage be on a 450 hp 351 with a t-56 tranny and 390 rears? What kinda money im i lookin at for suspension build up of 95 vert and 351 at 450+ hp plus 3k for t-56 ???????

Mabey ill go vette? i just want the speedster cause its awesome and its ford but the vette will be cheaper? and probably faster cause they weigh 3100 lbs and with 450 hp that puts them low 11's and ive been on corvetteforum and these guys are runing 10's with heads cam and a 100 shot!!! and still DD!!! I dunno this sucks...

And by the way the vettes cheaper on insurance too becuase of the old farts that drive it......for me it would be 700 every 6 months aprox 300 cheaper then my mustang..

ls1killjoy said:
I am 20 but own my own house, 86 gt, 94 gt, 99 f150, 03 R1 And a bank account with 25k burning for a the speedster with 2 k too spare each month, By the way what do you own? O you probably live at home with your parents at 38 years old.....................

Mootang you are a pest....weres my bug spray....

Yeah your right, i do live with my parents. But im only 18(as of a week ago YAY!) and I own a slow mustang gt.

ls1killjoy said:
yeah i was given 20k but i have use it wisely to gain all my items and still have extra, so whats the big deal, geuss i shoulda seen the flames coming.....

LOL by the way im not tryin to pick a fight but i would probably own mootang...I wish i had a pic of myself, im 6'6 230 ill leave my muscle build toyour imagination...

I'm 18 ft tall and 1600 lbs. :banana:

Oh wait, thats my pet giraffe!!! Since we're daydreaming, I'd invest the money in offshore commercial paper and then buy an Enzo for $660,000.