Has anyone else been waiting for Anderson Ford valve covers??

Zero Signal

Feb 24, 2003
Tucson, AZ
I order the stamped steel valve covers from Anderson Ford Motorsport about 5 weeks ago. I call them three times a week and they keep telling me they will be in "tomorrow". My car has been sitting for weeks waiting for these things and I'm starting to get kind of annoyed. On friday night, I put in a request with the Arizona Automotive Recyclers' Association for junked Fox valve covers. If I get some responses, I'm cancelling my order with AFM, but I really don't want to since I will hate to have to jack around with fox covers to get them to fit. Is anyone else in this boat?

• Sponsors (?)

Why would you have to "jack" around with them to make them fit? They are a perfect fit to our cars. And don't let people tell you they have to be grind down to fit at the alt thats BS. You loosen the alt pull it to the side put the vc on put the alt back no grinding needed

Yeah I cancelled the order and found some at a junkyard here in town. I'm gonna clean them up tonight and get the car running hopefully. Yeah I have the alternator sitting without the top bolt right now so it can swing open. If that's the case then good news! I also have a 3/8" spacer.

That way worked on mine so I don't see why it won't for everybody. I think people just get jumpy and start grinding **** and not take the time to look for other ways. I had to get a spacer to clear the egr valve when i put on my TFS intake but I went all out with the 1"

MysteryMachine said:
That way worked on mine so I don't see why it won't for everybody. I think people just get jumpy and start grinding **** and not take the time to look for other ways. I had to get a spacer to clear the egr valve when i put on my TFS intake but I went all out with the 1"

It is not the same for everybody because every head, block, alt mounting bracket, alt housing, and such are not the exact same dimensions.

Grady

I turned out I needed to ground the casting on the inside of the passenger side cover. The frontmost rocker hit it. I made quick work of it with the carbide bit. As far as I know, none of the rockers are rubbing, but we'll see once I pull them later on.