Has anyone else driven a WRX and thought the same thing?

I've only ever driven a 2.0L WRX once. What impressed me most was how laggy it was -- it was hard to shift fast, even at high RPM it would tend to jerk when getting back on the throttle.

As I understand it, the new 2.5L WRX (just came out in 2006) is a whole different animal. Almost as fast as an STI in a straight line, because the 5-speed has better gearing for 1/4 mile racing.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

My best bud has a black STI all hopped up....runnin huge boost, and let me tell you, that thing is real fast.....I have never been so impressed with a cars handling before....of course he has about 2-3 grand in upgrades to the suspension. I still don't like the way they sound, except for when you shift and let off and you get that ppsssst sound....DAMN I WANT A TURBO!!

Ive spent alot of passenger side seat time in my friends sti, other friends wrx, and another friends wrx wagon. I am very impressed with the sti, it corners ridilclously well, and when you can launch when its pouring outside on almost bald tires and it still hooks up with no spin, well its nuts. My friends do a ton of canyon driving and those cars are so much fun to be in.