Has anyone ever replaced all the brake lines??

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
$150 for all SS lines is not bad.

I have my car apart so it's easy access right now.

The thing is, since i have disk brakes on my car, i don't want to get the kit for the normal 5.0 since the durm brake lines are longer.

Should i get them for a '93 Cobra? They use the same brackets at the end like the SN95's.

I'm just concerned about the LC since the cobra is a 2-port, so the lines might be different enough to not work there

93 BRAKE LINE KIT, COBRA, STAINLESS STEEL MUSTANG

Also, i plan on using these Max Motorsports SS lines on the rear end.

MMBK2P.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well, i got lucky i guess.

I found a guy on Corral.net selling the rear axle Stainless lines from a '93 Cobra kit since he used all the other lines. So i bought them for $30.

That means I can now just buy the kit for the standard 5.0 and sell someone the drum brake axle lines. I'm sure someone will want a set.

Question is how difficult is it to change all the lines? I still have the engine and trans in the car. Do those need to come out?

I'm now doing the brake lines in my '92 Olds. I have wet lands behind my house. So, things get rusty if they just sit around. I found COATED brake lines on ebay. AWESOME!

If you can not get SS brake lines, these coated brake lines RULE! :)

Before, I painted and put vacuum hose (a PITA) over brake lines. But, paint scrapes off and you put the brake lines in, and vacuum hose can't cover every little bit. I know, there was a small opening in the vacuum hose as the brake line made a bend, and that corner got rusty and burst on an 6 year old brake line. Yup, wet lands and having cars just sit for months (as I drive the Stang during the summer) is not a good combination at all!

So, if you can, then get SS brake lines. If you can;t get SS brake-lines, then get the coated brake lines.

Also, regardless of what brake line you go with, I suggest lightly spraying the fittings with a zinc coating. That will prevent then fittings from rusting to the what-ever.

Otherwise, for a Fox body, you'll need to remove the booster to replace all of the brake lines, that it. Everything else you can get to. Also, as always, bleed the system properly - with a pressure bleeder. Bleeding a 100% brand new system without a pressure bleeder would be a pain, and good luck really doing a proper bleeding job.

Ah yes, mega salted roads during the winter and humid wet lands during the summer. My poor '92 Olds takes a beating on rust.