Has anyone here done this?

jomull55

May 20, 2007
lucas, OH
I have a 2001 Gt and it is bone stock:notnice: and i wanted to do something quick before i have to put it away for winter. so if i order an o/r x pipe and put it on with the stock catback how will that sound? chitty or better than not being able to hear it at all? i plan on gettin a cat back after winter i just wanted to do this now since an o/r x is cheap. thanks for any replies or sound clips

• Sponsors (?)

i know it will be significantly louder than it was, but i was just wondering about the tone. and i cant seem to find any decent sound clips :shrug:

IMO, even sound clips don't do an exaust note justice. The only way you're gong to know for sure is to hear it in person. And unless you know someone with the same set up, I'm afraid you're going to have to be the ginny pig my friend. :D

you will notice a difference in sound but why not just wait till the spring and do the whole thing at once if you plan on getting a catback next spring?:shrug: that way you only have one oppertunity to make new exhaust leaks:)

I have a 2001 Gt and it is bone stock:notnice: and i wanted to do something quick before i have to put it away for winter. so if i order an o/r x pipe and put it on with the stock catback how will that sound? chitty or better than not being able to hear it at all? i plan on gettin a cat back after winter i just wanted to do this now since an o/r x is cheap. thanks for any replies or sound clips

stock catback with o/r x pipe sounds very good. Personal experience and i enjoyed the way it sounded

well, i did it. and if it wasn't for that one stupid bolt on the passenger side i would have had it done in about 45 minutes. but i am not dissapointed. but its not super loud. seems to get a little bit louder as i drive it more for some reason :shrug:.... but i think its a pretty good upgrade for 180 dollars. the best part in doing the install was i had a lift :nice: