has anyone here swapped a 4 eye nose on an aero car?

I really don't get what Mustang5l5 is talking about. Especially when all fox chassis parts are interchangable. That means 78-04(not just mustangs) model years.

What i am getting at is that 87-93 Mustangs are for the most part mechanically superior to 79-86 Mustangs. Doesn't matter if the parts are interchangable...someone still needs to change it.

Who really wants single exhaust, 9" or 10" front brakes, a 7.5" rear, no quad shocks, open differential, 4-spds, 10" clutches, LCA's with mushy oval bushings, non roller block motors, CFI, E6 heads, smaller front fenders, primitive strut tower geometry, etc etc etc.....

I'm pretty sure most 4-eye owners out there upgrade some or all of these parts eventually. But why buy and install when you can buy an 87+ and have it already?

• Sponsors (?)

What i am getting at is that 87-93 Mustangs are for the most part mechanically superior to 79-86 Mustangs. Doesn't matter if the parts are interchangable...someone still needs to change it.

Who really wants single exhaust, 9" or 10" front brakes, a 7.5" rear, no quad shocks, open differential, 4-spds, 10" clutches, LCA's with mushy oval bushings, non roller block motors, CFI, E6 heads, smaller front fenders, primitive strut tower geometry, etc etc etc.....

I'm pretty sure most 4-eye owners out there upgrade some or all of these parts eventually. But why buy and install when you can buy an 87+ and have it already?

Just wanted to clarify a few things. The OP wants an 85/86 look. With that in mind I feel you are correct but throwing too many models years into the same boat. Below are the things I know to be correct so far:

85 was the last year of the 7.5 rear, CFI and the single rear exhaust. I believe mid year 85 saw the swap from manifolds to headers but I may be wrong.
86 was a roller block as was the 85 block. 86 uses 8.8, quadshocks, 10.5 clutch, dual exhaust and the WC T5.

As for the rest I believe you are correct. 86 was the E6 heads and it also has the crappy pistons that make head/ cam changes harder with the Piston to valve issues. Brakes sucked pre 87 as did the front suspension. Not sure on the open diff since I bought my car with a trac-lok and 3.55 in it.

If you are planning to just make a daily driver car then as much as it bothers me to say this get an aero and swap the front. If you are building this car up with mods to everything then start with a 4eye since you will be swapping all the crappy stuff anyway.

Whatever you decide please do not destroy a good 4 eye to do this. Buy the parts from a junkyard or something.

i posted this same thread on 4eyedpride and pretty much got banned after my first post. that makes me want to buy a 4 eye and sawzall it in half and post pics of it on there just to piss them off. this is a good idea i think itd look nasty.

if i cant find a clean notch next spring, i will be embarking on this project for sure. its gonna be called project "****foureyedpride" look for a 79-86 mustang with a z28 front bumper cover and an LT, yes i said it right EL TEE ONE sbc wit NOS

V8's have dual exhaust 2010 is the first year for dual exhaust factory on a non- v8 Mustang IIRC, They still come with 7.5 axles on non- V8 cars even the S197's, They still use Modified MacPherson Struts, only 92/3 have larger wheel arches, Quadshocks came out MID 1984, 1982 was the last year for the SROD IIRC, And aerocars don't have bigger brakes. I know there are alot of differences between 4I and aero cars, that wasn't my point. Hell I'm on FEP. I can list just about every difference from the ¼ windows and seatbelts to then steering wheel shafts and LCA's. I can list differences WITHIN 79-86 cars such as the hoods and dash plate screw holes or the fact that The Cobra grille and 82GT grille are not the same grille.

You are still missing the point when it comes to modding cars. It also doesn't matter which fox you get when you are completly going after market with the suspension. I could say why get a fox all together when you can get a 3rd gen Camaro which handles better despite being underpowered. As it's suspension is a better designed one with a SLA and Torque arm. Or get a S197. To me my 81 looks better than a aeronose(I do want an 87 though). If you buy a mustang you're gonna be modding the stock suspension with aftermarket parts anyway. Or simply I could use Fox4 suspension componets which are still stock and have better parts than a aero nose-stock.

I'm pretty sure most areo nose owners out there upgrade some or all of these parts eventually. Why stay stock when the aftermarkets much better?

if i cant find a clean notch next spring, i will be embarking on this project for sure. its gonna be called project "****foureyedpride" look for a 79-86 mustang with a z28 front bumper cover and an LT, yes i said it right EL TEE ONE sbc wit NOS

That was your fault. FEP is for 78-86 Fox chassis cars, If it eases your mind you probably woulda been banhammered if you were talking about putting a mustang clip on a Fairmont Wagon. What you did was akin to joining the Reef Blue registry with a comp orange car or SVOCA with a 302 SVO. I could list a few members with aero stuff on their cars who weren't hastled at all or with nose swaps.