Has anyone ordered an MAC O/R H through MAC themselves?

• Sponsors (?)

skupking just recently ordered mac lt's through mac themselves...i know he waited a loooong time to get them from mac too...his were backorder too if i remember correctly..im sure hell see this thread and chime in

Welcome to my world! Being in the business it's extremely frusterating when a company is out of stock on an item and your customer is calling and yelling at you for not sending it out! These places do run out of stock on items

Yup, I used to sell MAC at my store too. They were awesome for years, then something seemed to have changed. Then BOs were the norm and you would get the "in two weeks" answer everytime you inquired about your BOs. I had some last 2-3 months. We basically became the first line customer service for MAC (and other vendors as well).

If you do decide to cancel the order, check with jdsperformance.com. That's where I got my MAC O/R H. That was the cheapest place I could find it. Shipping wasn't too bad (a little over a week I think). I LOVE the way mine sounds with the Super 40s.

Yup, I used to sell MAC at my store too. They were awesome for years, then something seemed to have changed. Then BOs were the norm and you would get the "in two weeks" answer everytime you inquired about your BOs. I had some last 2-3 months. We basically became the first line customer service for MAC (and other vendors as well).

Same problem here. About 2 years ago, I was buying parts for my 351W swap and I wanted to use the Mac 3" catback. I wasn't in a huge hurry so I wasn't turned off when they told me it was on "about 2 weeks backorder." Everyone couple of weeks, for several months, I would call and it was always "about 2 weeks." I tried contact other vendors who carry Mac and was unable to find any with the system in stock. Eventually after about 3 months, I went a different route and bought a dumped system off of a forum classified.

Mac performance customer service sucks. I will never buy direct from them again. I called 50resto and they had my H pipe for my 01 in stock. 2 days later i popped the motor in the car, so now im stuck with a NIB O/R Hpipe for an 01GT. lol

What kind of hardware came with the H you ordered?

Mine came with everything needed to install. All the bolts (studs actually) and nuts, gasket (good one, not the crappy cardboard kind) and a small sleeve that slides in the driver's side pipe that connects to the exhaust manifold for a leak-free connection. Installation was a breeze. It took longer to extend my o2 sensor wires than it did to take the factory pipe off and install the new one.

FYI...I also used spark plug non-foulers to keep my CEL from coming on. I've had my pipe on for about 3 months and no CEL.

The thing that's really frustrating me is that they have yet to charge my credit card for the purchase (they won't charge it until the part actually ships). Well that's $180 that is essentially in "limbo" on my bank card. Im a full-time college student and just don't have the funds to be keeping $180 just floating around in my account lol. Ugh.

I think Im going to cancel tomorrow and go through JDSPerformance. Thanks for the info screamin' 40th.