has anyone seen this hood in person?

• Sponsors (?)

It's just a Cobra R hood with the vents cut out...

I'd like to see someone make one that is a true cowel out the back as well as the Cobra R vents... preferrably one large enough to mount Mechanical Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure gauges under it like old school. Would love to get rid of this crappy electric fuel gauge without bringing fuel lines into the cabin or putting an ugly gauge on top of my hood.

"It's just a Cobra R hood with the vents cut out..."

you're right about it having the vents cut out, but what makes it unique from taking a dremel to it is that there is a drain built in. i could buy one myself and fabricate a drain, but the price seems fair if it is a good product.

I haven't seen this manufacturer in particular... I have seen this style hood in person and really liked it.

If the price difference is under 100 bux, I say go for it. That's the style hood I want to get when I'm not broke. :nice:

I don't see the "drain" your talking about... there is a cap that goes over the vents to "turn off" the cowl functionality... I imagine it would catch a lot of water if you were parked and it was raining... there is that notch in the front of it, but I don't thing that would drain anything spectacular. :shrug:

I have seen a couple of people here on stangnet with the hood and it looks good but with the drain in there like that it loses all funtion of pulling in cool air or letting hot air out. so now you have a place for little peices of debris to get stuck in there for life.

Just my 2 cents on this but if your going to get a hood for your car go with Cervini. I seen hoods from Harwood and ABC something :shrug: and they weren't half as good as my Cervini RR hood.

The Cervini hood was $399 Harwood was $499 and the ABC hood was $349. So Cervini isn't as expensive as everyone makes it out to be.

BadMoFo - the drain is removeable so that it is functional. that piece on the underside is for driving in the rain.

GoBabyVroommm - i'm not worried about the manufacturer, just the quality, i was looking to buy the hood from gefracing, but when i saw this one i'd figure on inquiring.

fangs20 - does your friend like the hood, does it fog the winshield up, was there a lot of prep to be done?

Thanks all

I had mine cut out when I installed my hood! Very little water gets in it when it is raining (especialy when you are moving, because it is sucking so much air out from under the hood). When I wash it I put a plastic bag under the cut outs to keep any water from getting on the engine.

loudog_jon said:
TacBear - out of curiousity, what was your reason for getting the steeda splitter instead of the "r" splitter?

My car is a 2000 model and the Splitter was a freebe! Insurance paid for it. I would much rather have a "real" Cobra "R" bumper cover and splitter, but back when I got it in January of 2001 the "real" stuff wasn't available, the Cervini bumper cover wasn't even out yet!

Besides the Steeda Splitter gets me another inch of ground clearance :nice: