Has anyone used a IST Air Adjuster? Help me please

• Sponsors (?)

If you recently purchased it, send it back. Get the one from Pro-M if you are going to use one. I don't think the IST unit has that wide of adjustability to allow for changes in injector size, wheras the Pro-M unit does. The IST unit was primarily designed for fine-tuning after cam, intake, and head changes where the stock computer settings may not be able to compensate for the change in air/fuel ratio, resulting in drivability issues.

I had one for a while, and it worked somewhat, but it is sensitive to moisture and would fail. After I reworked my combo, I tried it again, and the engine simply ran better without it. It sits in my garage collecting dust.

Read the directions included with the unit. It helps if you have an air/fuel ratio meter to get it dialed in. Otherwise, you have to go upon "subjective" things like engine sound, idle, and sparkplug readings.

On second thought, after looking at your combo, I am going to suggest a dyno-tune and have someone burn a chip for you. You've spent a ton of money on the blower and other parts, why risk your motor? Throw on the 30-36# injectors and get the computer tuned to run a "safe" 11 or 12:1 air/fuel ratio, remap the ignition timing and fuel delivery curves for solid, dependable performance. For around $600-700 have a professional do it. I wouldn't monkey with it. ;)

DANGIT! :bang:

Im gonna take it and get it dyno tuned. See if it works or not. If it doesnt work ill just get a bigger Pro-M that is calibrated for my injectors. If it does work then ill leave it on for while. I hope it does work though. I cant afford any more parts right now.

The computer tune will be able to use whatever mass air meter you are using currently and calibrate it for whatever injector size you want to use. No need for another mass air meter. ;)

how did it work

WantToLearn said:
DANGIT! :bang:

Im gonna take it and get it dyno tuned. See if it works or not. If it doesnt work ill just get a bigger Pro-M that is calibrated for my injectors. If it does work then ill leave it on for while. I hope it does work though. I cant afford any more parts right now.

how did this part work for you? Did you use it? Let me know? ?