has anyone used the g-force kit?

90_306powerhous

Dec 2, 2005
i was looking at getting a syncronized g-force kit. has anyone bought this kit? and if so is it as strong as they say? and if anyone uses this kit how does it do at the drag strip? and if so what gear ratio do u use in the rear?

• Sponsors (?)

I am not sure about the syncronized kit personally but i hear it works and holds up very well. I do know the straight cut gear set works, i have used it in 500hp 10.5 sec cars and it holds up great. So i would suspect the other kit should work just like g-force states.

89'5.0- have u drove ur car on the street? i've heard ur kit is very noisy shifting. is that true? i know ur kit is alot better. i've just heard that ur kit is more for all out drag racing. i don't know, just wanted to learn more about it before i purchase one

the helical dog ring kit makes less gear whine, but makes the same klunk when shifting. I have the helical dog ring kit in my saleen it is different, kinda like a motorcycle transmission. It is very streetably (would not recomend for daily driver) and can be driven normally with out the clunk if you time your shifts while you "tickel" the throttel. Most people freak out when I tell them I do high rpm shifts with out the clutch. chris