Has the economy affected spending on your car?

Do you spend less or the same as a result of the economy?

• I spend cash on my car like aways

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • I like to hold off on getting parts a little longer these days

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I keep spending. I just figure I am doing my part to help the economy. Sitting back and holding my money isn't going to help anything. However, if I were to lose my job, yeah I'd be in a bad spot, but this is the path I chose and I am hoping for the best.

so far, i feel fortunate because i've been pretty much unaffected by the economy.

of course, with 1 kid going to college next year and the other one going in 3 years, i still have some pretty big economic concerns

i just can't blame that on the economy ...

I bought a house a year ago and I wasn't sure how my financial situation would be so I didn't spend much on the car last year. I was doing better than expected after a year so I went a little nuts buying stuff this last month. Now that I've spent all my money I think I'm done for the next 6 months at least, other than some small items I still need to purchase. That doesn't really have anything to do with the economy though, so I'd say at this point it hasn't affected my spending.

Should add another option for increased. I've been picking up amazing deals on Craigslist from people needing the extra money. AFR 185's new in box, $700. Ford racing 351 siamese bore block brand new for 950 dollars.

im trying my best... im unemployeed as well, but still finding some great deals like the mac long tubes and mid pipe i scored for $200.. just taking my time on certain things, other than that after i bought my full H/C/I kit last year with supporters, i have pretty much slowed down. i need new winter rims since they leak air badly and need new rear tires for the fr500s, all which im holding off on

Found some good deals on Corral.... I'm waiting to pull the trigger on a 347 shortblock, but kinda leary... I work in the aircraft industry and things are kinda dicey at the moment... All my overtime has been cut and that was the money I bought car parts with...:(
I just cleaned one stash buying up some AFR185s / RR's / 30's

It has not effected my spending to much. $4.00+ a gallon gas hurt more then anything. I can still get OT at work and once it warms up and summer is here the OT will be available in full force. I moved in OCT and am saving $150 in rent so Im actually better off mod wise then before.

I have been spending mostly due to tax refund time, but the economy hasnt slowed me down much. I refinanced my house and cut 1.3% off the interest rate, and still currently have a job although that could change anytime. So far the economy has actually helped me a little Im sad to say.

I'm down to working 4 days a week, but my wife is in the military and is part of the flight crew. So money isn't short but it isn't over flowing either. I'm in saving mode just to be safe and only plan on redoing my exhaust and fixing the little things the car needs (seats being one of them). If a local deal crosses my path I'll jump on it but I'm not looking for them either. I will spend freely on ammo and guns though, I have a gut feeling things are going to get nasty.

i'd like to change my vote now that you ressurected this thread. i got me a second job as a customer service rep at americanmuscle.com. now that paycheck just goes right back to them in the form of parts :D