Has the Mustang been the best car you've ever owned??

awsome sales pitch :lol:!!
:D

Sounds like it, yes, but that is the honest truth.

My Cobras clutch doesn't diengage fully, making it stiff to shift sometimes and Hack Job's A/C compressor clutch just took a dump for some reason. So Hack Job is getting a compressor this weekend and my Cobra will get a clutch job maybe next year...I only drive it a couple hundred miles per year, so it doesn't bother me that much.

• Sponsors (?)

Best vehicle I've owned (still do) is my '90 Dodge, followed by my '94 Dodge. Both are diesels, and I swear when Armageddon comes the only thing left on the road will be Cummins powered Dodges. :D Mechanically they have never let me down, even with the '94 running 55+ PSI and whooping on unsuspecting Mustangs, F-bods, and what not. However, the build quality is a little sketchy, but not anymore than my '95 GT.

yes

edit: ahh ill evaluate some...

mine was my first car, i drove it and beat on it for 3 years as my daily. its been on many 4+ hour each way trips, and the first day i had it it was driven from ct to va (8 hours) and no hickups. ive put about 25k miles on it, and its never stranded me. never been so far apart that it couldnt be started the next morning. everything leaks because its sat in a garage, but it doesnt burn any oil and it drives like a dream.

it has some funny problmes dealing with the windows and door locks, and some things rattle and are broken, but who cares. this winter im putting together a 5 lug, and gonna fix allot of stuff so i can drive it allot next summer. hopefully attend some meets, like mustang week,ect....

i had to do the headgasket, (before i knew it was the motor) in the jeep and the mustang carried around the head of that car that was 11 years newer. after sitting at home all winter while being at school. (owned)

Heck ya, bought it with 80 k on it, now 180k...still can dam near get what I paid for it.
It can reallly take a beating, still get lotza look s on it and it is respected on the highway . And it looks great on film.

Yes! :nice: I've had my 90 LX for 14 years and have put 40K mi on it - it now has 56K mi total on it. The only problem I've had are with the trim fading and a blown head gasket which is probably due to the way I drove it more than anything else. Of course I've replaced/upgraded a lot of parts, but that was done to improve performance, not fix problems. One of the most impressive things in my opinion is the way the car responds to upgrades. I mean on how many cars can you replace major components like MAS, Throttle body, heads, exhaust and the car still runs perfectly. Its a real testament to the flexibility of the engine control system and the superb engineering that went into the design of the car. Its also easy to work on and the parts are very well made. By far the best andf most fun car I've ever owned.

ive owned two mustangs and 2 f150's, neither stang has really crapped out on me, ive had a lot of downtime with the gt just cause when i upgrade something it always takes forever for some reason. didnt have the old lx that long (about 3 months before it got totaled if that), but it never did have and reliabilty problems.

the only real problem vehicle ive had, and i hate to say it, was the old 90 f150. it bent a water pump driveshaft once and the tank selector switch was doing all manner of weird things that would make it not start if you switched tanks. but i did put that truck trough hell, so ill let it be.

Hmmm, the best??.. now the most fun, memorable, and exciting to drive.. A winner hands down. I have had it sinse I was 16 and was barely running 14's... 11 years later, its been through to see me meet my fiance, a 6 year old daughter and 4 month old twin boys... It has seen 10 second timeslips, and many many fun times at the track and more on the streets... Even as it sits ignored on the back burner in the garage, i cant help but think of the tons of memories coming up with this car.. I have not moved it in over 6 months... kind of makes me want to pull her out, do a killer burnout on my micky t's and Yank the front tires for good times sake. ;-)

Overall vehicle quality wise i would have to say my '98 Jeep Cherokee is the best vehicle i've ever owned. I've had it since '03, bought it with 73k miles on it and it's almost to 150k and all i've ever had to put on it is a track bar on the front axle, tires and a new exhaust.

The Mustang definitely takes the fun factor award, but the Merkur is definitely the neatest car i've ever owned. All in all i would still say i'd love a Fox body for a daily driver, V8 or 4cyl either one.