Hatchback Stereo 1984

MustangGT88

Jan 30, 2004
SoCal
I have been looking into different custom stereos for mustangs and it's hard to find good ideas for the fox-bodies. The one's that I did find were for the newer ones or the classic original styles. Does anyone have any idieas for a 1984 hatchback? I want to keep it clean and out of the way. I'd like to plant some subs hidden under the mat in the back in the spare tire spot. That would be ideal, then an amp under there if i can. The speakers would go in the stock place if there's a sufficient place for them and I want to have the head unit be either one with a radio frequency remote or one that has a wired lcd remote that could fit in an ashtray type of area. Basically I want to keep everything out of eyesite so it appears to be stock. That would be the best! Has anyone done anything like this with a hatchback fox or any that would pertain to this? I need help with this because not only am I a newbie with Stereo equipment, but also with Mustangs as I just bought my first one 3 days ago. Thanks for all your help. Send any replies to [email protected] please as I don't browse the site enough to get good feedback. Thank you.

PS-if anyone knows a way to have the site alert you when you get a response that would be great!!!

• Sponsors (?)

My Panasonic MP3/CD deck has a small wireless remote, I keep it in my ashtray (don't smoke). Works great, and the faceplate is removeable. All my other stuff is stock, can't help ya there.

Ash