Have You Ever Taken The Car Apart And Cannot Find Something You Removed?

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by Edbert, Nov 9, 2017.

1. I know the answer is yes. I cannot find the little flat steel thingy that connects the trunk lock to the trunk latch. Been using a screw driver forever, now I need that thingy and cannot find it.

Anyone have one they wanna sell? Application is a '67, do not think it matters what body but convertible in my case. I suspect the part was the same from 64.5-70 but I really don't know.

2. All the time. I usually find it after I've bought another one.

3. No, but i always have a few leftover parts.

4. ^^this^^ it also happens with WD40 cans, and other often used chemicals/paints

tos and karthief like this.
  5. Way back in my Navy Days, we determined that said missing items were in a time warp and we merely had to wait long enough for them to reappear.

karthief likes this.
  6. I was wondering where I put this thread. :scratch:

7. LOL...my grandfather was a machinist. He used to joke around and say 'before you start any project grab a handful of nuts and bolts etc. and throw them in your tray. That way when you're done and there's parts left over it's nothing to worry about'.

karthief likes this.
  8. Hell I've lost the drain plug during an oil change!

9. I had to make the part, just refused to buy an entire assembly and not use 95% of the kit. It works great for unlocking the trunk but it has to be turned both directions, looks like there's a small spring that goes around the shaft to "return" the key to a vertical position.

Well yesterday I found the original lock, with the shaft and s[ring. I found it while searching for the seat hardware that I know is in a baggie...somewhere...sigh.