Have you guys hear this before?

DKVL

Oct 12, 2008
Earlier in the week i was looking for a rattle coming from the trunk and quarter panel area and i noticed that when i sit in the rear seat (driver side) there is a squeak of some sort coming from underneath the car (driver side right below where the seat is). I am assuming this is the result of weak connector that holds the 3 portion (front, middle and rear) of the 02 GT together.

So my question is:

1. This does not mean there is a structural issue right? I had gotten under my Gt and found no cracks or damage to the area where the sound is coming from.

2. I am assuming full length subfram connector will take care of this issue right?

• Sponsors (?)

Could be a number of things. Its a mustang not a caddy. I would think if u cannot find any visual damage or cracks then its most likely a squeaky susp piece. Could be something in the trunk to. My spare and jack don't have the tie down bolt and If I slam a gear it sounds like the rear is coming out from under the car.

^ Good advice above. :nice:

It's often hard to find the source of noises, they seem to migrate sometimes. My daughter pinpointed the source of a buzzing sound that I swore was coming from the rear/trunk area. Turns out to be the E-brake handle.

Thank you all for the quick responses.

After spending half a day trying to narrow down the sound and trying out the suggestions given by all of you, I have found the source of the squeak.

As it turns out, it wasn't a squeak, but more of a click. The click sounded like a squeak because it had traveled from the engine compartment to the rear and in that process became muffled.

Here is the culprit. The electrical cable that power the windshield liquid dispenser's (wire connecting to the pump) was bouncing off of the front left panel between the engine and the wheel well. This created a muffled sound that resembled a squeak when heard from inside the compartment. What I did too fix this was I took a zip tied and tied down the wire so that the amount of free movement was minimized and this has completely solved the noise that I was hearing.

In addition, a while back, I had mentioned a sound coming from the dash and i was unable to identify it or find it. As it turns out, tying down the wire also fixed this issue.

Now, my 02 GT runs noise free and I really enjoy the ride more.

Yes, I agree how noise can migrate and sounds really different even if it was from the same source.

If you guys need pictures of this let me know. I can post them tomorrow.